ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Copying Profiles

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 11/02/09 09:19 PM Views: 2155 Replies: 7
Monday, November 2, 2009 at 9:19 PM

Is there a way one can copy profiles for class mates that have been entered into a different class. In our case, my classmates entered profiles into an earlier graduating class for a dual class reunion. We want to set up our own class reunion and I don't want to have everyone re-enter their profiles again.

Monday, November 2, 2009 at 10:10 PM - Response #1

No sorry, there is no linkage between different web sites in the system or any batch import utility that would copy Profile information from one site to another. Classmates have to create the initial Profile at the time of joining the other site. Or you could always create all of the accounts and cut and paste information from the other site for them. This would be a pretty big drag I know, but there's really no other faster way of doing it.

Tuesday, January 8, 2013 at 6:52 PM - Response #2

We have multiple classes that have Class Creator sites. We also have an all-alumni Class Creator site.
Many folks are members of their own class's site AND the all-alumni site.

I have a request for help replicating the profile AND other elements (class chat, etc) from 19XX to all-alumni.

That would consume excess space, and would mean that the 19XXer would then need to update BOTH sites for every update.

Is there a better way for the 19XXer to be visible to folks from other classes, without those folks needing to join the 19XX site?

Wednesday, January 9, 2013 at 10:22 AM - Response #3

We have no mechanism for sharing of profile information between class sites or transferring chat or forum content between sites. To save updating, all members of 19XX sites can simply post a link to their profiles on the all-alumni site in their profile pages in the 19XX sites. Then they maintain only the all-alumni site and any member of any other class year can interact fully with them as a fellow member of the all-alumni site.

Wednesday, January 9, 2013 at 1:49 PM - Response #4

Hi Oscar,

Hopefully, you have a good working relationship with the admin of the other site. If so... ask them to download your class info and send it via email as an attachment. If that is not an option, open Excel on half your screen and the other site (profiles) in another. Input the info into CC's template - found on the Manage Classmates page. That will be the easiest way. When you have it all in the spreadsheet, simply upload it into your new site.

Let us know how it goes!

By the way... I hope you'll join us on TAP and sign up for Brad's webinar next week! Cool

Wednesday, January 9, 2013 at 1:52 PM - Response #5

Would it not be possible to download or copy the information and then upload it to the target site? I do not know how but I am aware of the upload feature.

Wednesday, January 9, 2013 at 3:16 PM - Response #6

An admin could do this, but classmates cannot.

Wednesday, January 9, 2013 at 3:42 PM - Response #7

I assume that those posting here are all Administrators. I realize that more than one admin would be involved with a download class list unless both sites have common admin. I was basically posing a question in order to expand the idea into a world of possibility or to test the impossibility. AT any rate, ergonomic feasibility may be prohibitive here.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.