ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Open Profiles

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 12/05/10 01:32 PM Views: 1144 Replies: 4
Sunday, December 5, 2010 at 1:32 PM

Hello and Season's Greetings!

Did I miss an announcement? I went to see just who still had open profiles on my site and the little padlock is not there on Classmates Profiles.

If they have been removed, is there a way I can find this out as we monitor this from time to time to send requests/notifications that profiles are open. Many classmates appreciate this as they did not realize that they had left the profile open.

Thanks,
Margaret

Sunday, December 5, 2010 at 1:44 PM - Response #1

Hi Margaret:

Brad has a 'secret switch' he can throw to make all the completed profiles secure from searches. Just email him and request it via the "Contact Us" at the top of this (and each) page.

I believe this would affect even those who have chosen to allow anyone on the Internet to view their profiles, however.

Sunday, December 5, 2010 at 1:59 PM - Response #2

Hi, John!

Thanks. I didn't know that was possible and it is something I will consider as some classmates want the profile open for friends and family to view. I will ponder the idea.

Of course, my ideal solution would be not to have the option there at all for an open profile. Then the classmate has no choice that I have to second guess or explain why I turned it off.

I am still wondering if there is a way I can deterime who is open and who isn't.

Margaret

Sunday, December 5, 2010 at 2:33 PM - Response #3

1) Just log out of your site then click your Classmate Profiles link. The little locks are visible only to people who are not signed in (i.e. nothing is locked to a member).

2) If you'd like I can throw the little switch John mentioned. It removes the Profile Visibility option from your site completely. As you noted though, nobody would then have the option to share the Profile with family, friends, co-workers etc. Entirely up to you though, we can throw it on request. Just note that it will change it even for any Classmates who intentionally left the Profile open.

Sunday, December 5, 2010 at 2:45 PM - Response #4

Thanks, and let me now wipe the gee off of my face. I soon as I read the log out instruction, I knew it. My apologies.

I will get back you on the switch after talking to my admins.

Margaret

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.