ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Adding a link

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 08/12/08 11:14 AM Views: 1457 Replies: 3
Tuesday, August 12, 2008 at 11:14 AM

I am trying to add a URL to my Accommodations page so that classmates can click to view the hotel and also register. I have tried to add it directly and also tried copying from Word where it shows as link. Neither have worked. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Gene

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 at 1:02 PM - Response #1

1) Copy the link to your clipboard
2) Enter the verbiage you wish to be clickable
3) Select that verbiage with your mouse
4) Click the link icon on your editor toolbar
5) Paste in your link

Thursday, August 21, 2008 at 5:21 AM - Response #2

This works fine when you have the full toolbar, but I don't see that toolbar when editing a classmate profile. So, as Administrator I've entered code in one of my classmates' profiles that works, but I get two copies of everything. One from the video embed box and one from the video caption box. If I delete the code in the video embed box, then the caption disappears. Here is the classmate in question. Milo
http://www.classcreator.com/Waverly-IA-1958/class_profile.cfm?member_id=433192

Thursday, August 21, 2008 at 2:03 PM - Response #3

Milo Schield wrote:

This works fine when you have the full toolbar, but I don't see that toolbar when editing a classmate profile. So, as Administrator I've entered code in one of my classmates' profiles that works, but I get two copies of everything. One from the video embed box and one from the video caption box. If I delete the code in the video embed box, then the caption disappears. Here is the classmate in question. Milo
http://www.classcreator.com/Waverly-IA-1958/class_profile.cfm?member_id=433192

All you need to do is remove the redundant set of links from the video description box. You're already all set exactly as you've done it in the Video box.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.