ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

"In Memory"

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 12/27/12 08:31 PM Views: 1018 Replies: 7
Thursday, December 27, 2012 at 8:31 PM

I have been adding and editing the entries here and find that several of them have the class picture from their profile transferred over but several do not.

I do not remember manually transferring them.

Do they automatically transfer when adding a classmate that has passed.

JIM

Friday, December 28, 2012 at 12:30 PM - Response #1

This happens when you click the Link To Profile (checked by default) option on the page when you are adding the member to the In Memory section.

Friday, December 28, 2012 at 4:16 PM - Response #2

Can I go back now and check that and have the pic added or must it be done manually now?

Also, you say "checked by default"....how?

J

Edited 12/28/12 4:23 PM
Friday, December 28, 2012 at 6:01 PM - Response #3

In the past, I do not recall having to check the box... the photo appeared. Might this be something that comes with the changes taking place? Though it is something to remember, at least we have the answer to 'what happened". Smile Thanks, Scott.

Friday, December 28, 2012 at 6:22 PM - Response #4

Maybe I am mis-reading Eric's statement:

"This happens when you click the Link To Profile (checked by default) option on the page when you are adding the member to the In Memory section."

But to ME, the KEY is what he has in parenthesis - the system default will automatically put a check in the box, though you can over-ride it if you wish.

Friday, December 28, 2012 at 8:46 PM - Response #5

I do not ever remembering to check that box either and Steve above says the system will auto check that but it has not on my system as I have added four classmates this week and none of them have the profile pic attached.

I tried going back now and checking the box but the profile is erased

Bummer!!!

J

Edited 12/28/12 8:51 PM
Friday, December 28, 2012 at 9:00 PM - Response #6

If I remember right, the Yearbook Photo of In Memory is a different storage place than the classmate yearbook photo. I think the reasoning was that you might want the Obituary Photo or a current photo to be on the page. If you wanted the yearbook photo, you could upload it, but it wasn't automatic. Uploading a photo for use in the In Memory Photo location doesn't use any file vault storage (it is the same as a yearbook photo)

Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:43 PM - Response #7

My sincerest apologies Scott!
[writing I was quoting Eric, when it was you I was quoting!]

LOL

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.