ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Jing Videos

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 10/16/10 05:38 PM Views: 1045 Replies: 4
Saturday, October 16, 2010 at 5:38 PM

I am using a copy of Jing to make some specialized Help Video's for my Classmates who seem to need all the help they can get to navigate on a computer.

I made a short Jing Video on Using the Message Center, and put the MPG4 file into my Vault. Posted a link to the vault to run that video using one of my Customizable Links. The video shows very nicely there, and quite clear running on Windows Media Player. However, though short, it uses a bit of Vault Space.

When I put this little video on YouTube, or even Vimeo Video Playlist, the quality of the screens are not real good. They are somewhat blurred.

Any suggestions? Pros and Cons of putting into vault and playing over Media Player? Seems like any video player comes out blurred, even when I switch from Jing to a full copy of Camtasia Studio 7.

Saturday, October 16, 2010 at 6:56 PM - Response #1

Just curious, why not upload it directly to your free screencast account? Streams beautifully and crystal clear from there, not to mention it's a 1 click process directly inside Jing to put it there, which is far easier than trying to upload it to your File Vault or YouTube.

Saturday, October 16, 2010 at 7:02 PM - Response #2

Brad Switzer wrote:

Just curious, why not upload it directly to your free screencast account? Streams beautifully and crystal clear from there, not to mention it's a 1 click process directly inside Jing to put it there, which is far easier than trying to upload it to your File Vault or YouTube.

LOL, I guess because I didn't know about it. Screencast is inside Jing I understand; so, I'll start looking.

Saturday, October 16, 2010 at 7:04 PM - Response #3

Yup, when you finish your Jing just click the button to upload it to your screencast account. The minute it's there a link to it will automatically be put on your clipboard. Just paste that link onto your site, it's really that simple.

Saturday, October 16, 2010 at 7:11 PM - Response #4

Can you post the link to your Jing video here? Thanks.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.