ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Private pages?

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 07/11/12 08:48 PM Views: 1276 Replies: 4
Wednesday, July 11, 2012 at 8:48 PM

We're wondering if we can select which pages are viewable to the public without signing onto the site. Examples are senior class pictures, and the reunion page details (which will include special hotel passwords for discounts). Right now all of the pages we created are accessible to anyone browsing from the internet, and it's just profiles that require login. Can we specity certain pages for example bto e moved to the section called "Member Functions"?

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 at 9:45 PM - Response #1

Yes.

To do this, go to Edit Site Pages, then check the PASSWORD column. This will require the person trying to view the page to be logged in. We DO NOT RECOMMEND that you password protect the Classmate Profile or the HOME page because those are needed for a classmate to initially sign up with your website.

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 at 9:52 PM - Response #2

I need to disable the ability to purchase tickets for the reunion for all but 2 or 3 people who will be entering the data from hard copy forms. Need to do it tonite at midnight...is it possible?

Thanks!

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 at 9:57 PM - Response #3

The only way I can think of is to deactivate the reunion, make those two people be ADMINS and allowed access to the Reunion Planner. If the reunion is deactivated, it won't show up on the left-side menu, so classmates won't be able to purchase any tickets.

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 at 9:58 PM - Response #4

OK thanks I just figured it out too!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.