ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Help!!

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/08/09 09:01 AM Views: 1998 Replies: 8
Thursday, January 8, 2009 at 9:01 AM

I don't know exactly WHAT I did, but while I was putting up some senior photos, I made an error,(wrong pic for person). When I tried to fix it, EVERY single person has the same email and alternative email showing on the edit page!!!!! Shows with a green background which I have never seen. This morning when I went to log in, I got the try again and had to delete the showing password. Long story short, the name Lou Gonzales shows on everyone's page and I am afraid people will not be able to log in! What should I do?????Sad Bonita

Thursday, January 8, 2009 at 11:32 AM - Response #1

Bonita,

This is most likely an auto-fill toolbar issue. Brad's response in this thread covers the details: http://forums.classcreator.com/messages.cfm?messageid=505F325E-0D7F-0441-792A0D9AD960F1F8#505F325E-0D7F-0441-792A0D9AD960F1F8

Edited 01/08/09 12:25 PM
Thursday, January 8, 2009 at 12:07 PM - Response #2

That's great except when I click on that link, it says URL not valid and can't load. Thanks, Bonita

Thursday, January 8, 2009 at 12:26 PM - Response #3

I fixed Jessica's link above.

Thursday, January 8, 2009 at 12:44 PM - Response #4

Hi Brad and Team, Well-I signed in this morning and my homepage was fine. Everything where it belonged. I went into "edit pages" and clicked on my jokes link and added a "typed out" joke. (Ctrl+V). Hit Save. Went back to my homepage and it was blown out and everything shifted down the page. I never went into 'edit homepage' OR 'announcements'. I went back to 'edit pages' (jokes) and CTRL+X the typed joke out. Went back to homepage, and still is shifted down. I looked at the source code for homepage and announcements, I don't have a clue.
What happened? Can you tell me how to get my homepage back or can you go in and remove whatever went in there? Thanks.

AFTERWARDS: oK This is too weird. I logged out and logged back in and my homepage is back to norm. (deep breath let out) Should I have typed that joke in rather than CTRL+V?

Edited 01/08/09 12:47 PM
Thursday, January 8, 2009 at 12:51 PM - Response #5

No. Adding content to your jokes page has absolutely no possiblity of causing a formatting issue on your home page.

What's going on here? My best guess is you had some type of caching issue. If you see something like that again, try clearing your cache, exit your browser, start it up again, and go back in and load the page fresh. Even try rebooting your computer. Sometimes windows just "gets weird" for lack of a better explanation, and you merely have to reset things.

Thursday, January 8, 2009 at 12:53 PM - Response #6

Thank you Brad. I really didn't want to have to ask for help so early in the year..shoot! Ok, I deleted the autofill on my Norton toolbar...the Identity safe auto fill. Thank you!! It really had me freaked out. Don't think I would have figured that out by myself. I would have done a search had I known what the topic/problem was. OK, hopefully, a long time before my next cry for help.(Brad rolls eyes) Thanks again and to Jessica too. BonitaSmile

Thursday, January 8, 2009 at 1:52 PM - Response #7

That's what the forums are here for Bonita. The only real forum offender we have here is Cathy Plotnick, who continues not to send the promised Canadian maple syrup. Our whole team of programmers is being forced to hang out with Mrs. Butterworth.

Thursday, January 8, 2009 at 2:58 PM - Response #8

Haha..thanks Brad. Hopefully, Cathy with read this, consider it a reminder, and you'll get your syrup!!! Bonita

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.