ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Gallery Creator Slide Show Disappeared

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 03/22/13 09:18 AM Views: 1048 Replies: 4
Friday, March 22, 2013 at 9:18 AM

The cool slide show I created (1st one on my home page with Beatles song) disappeared. I had tried adding some photos unsuccessfully last nite. Can I reset it back to the original slide show prior to screwing it up last night?

When I tried to go into it to edit I continue to get this message: Temporarily Unavailable
Quick system update underway. Check back in 5 minutes.

Please help.

Friday, March 22, 2013 at 9:37 AM - Response #1

This happened as well when I logged in from a new Toshiba laptop last night (I will double check setup on it, but...)

I just logged on from my desktop, used IE and the slide show's there. I understand Google Chrome issues/importance of emptying cache & cookies, etc. HOWEVER, if this is happening to me as an Admin (& I don't understand why) how do I know if classmates are experiencing the same thing and are not seeing the slide show but just seeing blank space where it should be loading, then playing?

I guess the other question is really - "Do you see what I see"? I know - confusing - but how do I know classmates are seeing what they are supposed to be seeing?Confused

Edited 03/22/13 9:38 AM
Friday, March 22, 2013 at 9:54 AM - Response #2

Karen,

The slide show on your home page is not created by our website (not Gallery Creator).

If you right-click on it, you will see it needs Adobe Flash player to play it. You will also see this when you EDIT SITE PAGES the Home Page, you will see [FLASH] where the box should display.

Apple products, like iPad will not display FLASH objects. I can see your Flash Slide Show just fine on your home page on my FireFox browser.

Friday, April 5, 2013 at 9:46 AM - Response #3

Hi Kyle! Was just wondering - is the inability to see FLASH objects/certain slide shows an Apple-only issue, and if so, would anyone happen to know if they are working on a fix for that? Since so many people have iPhones (my boyfriend uses his for everything) & iPads these days, I'm concerned that they're missing the best stuff!

It also may be why I'm getting the impression that many people are "confused" not giving great feedback (whereas, those who CAN see everything on the site are all overwhelmed/all compliments!) Concerned that classmates may not be signing up, i.e., if they only see [dull] printed content & lots of blank space on Home Page...they may be thinking "what the heck is this/why bother?" Rolling Eyes

Thanks again for your feedback.

Edited 04/05/13 9:49 AM
Friday, April 5, 2013 at 11:25 AM - Response #4

Apple has made the decision to not support flash in their iPhone and iPad (ios) products. Apple computers (macs) do support flash. This is not something that they are going to be changing anytime soon. It is their opinion that these feature can and should be produced using HTML5 rather than Flash. Depending on who you believe (because there are arguments on both sides of this issue) some will tell you that this is Adobe's fault. "It is Adobe, not Apple who develops Flash for the various OS/devices. Adobe has been unable to develop a satisfactory Flash for iOS devices. Last November Adobe stopped developing Flash for all mobile devices. there will be no Flash for iOS and no updated Flash for other mobile devices. Flash is dead."

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.