ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Surveys: A Question and Suggestion

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 08/25/12 02:27 PM Views: 1836 Replies: 7
Saturday, August 25, 2012 at 2:27 PM

The question: Is it possible to restrict access to a survey to classmates only, i.e. prevent guests from even viewing let alone responding?

Background: We are currently planning for our 55th reunion that will take place in June 2013. Part of the Alumni Association's scheduled events for that weekend is the annual parade. I've posted a survey seeking input as to how we wish to participate as a class. Input from guests is neither being sought nor are we all that anxious to make our considerations known.

Suggestion: Assuming the answer to the question is "no" I propose, as an enhancement, the ability to do so. Since, under certain circumstances, one might wish to seek only guest's opinions options that would allow for classmates only, guests only and all members might be appropriate. I envision three radio buttons somewhere on the "Edit Survey" page. It is hardly difficult to exclude guest opinion and we're really not too concerned that our thoughts would be plagiarized. Accordingly, this suggestion is being made as a long term, very low priority enhancement. Like someday when you've got nothing else to do.

Monday, August 27, 2012 at 11:01 AM - Response #1

It is not currently possible. I will add this to the wishlist.

Monday, August 27, 2012 at 11:12 AM - Response #2

You can also go to the survey results and delete the guest responses. I don't have many guests so it's easy to do. They can be listed at the bottom of the survey results.
Jim

Monday, August 27, 2012 at 11:59 AM - Response #3

Eric B Bassey wrote:

It is not currently possible. I will add this to the wishlist.

Thanks

Monday, August 27, 2012 at 5:42 PM - Response #4

In the Edit Classmates, there is a "delete" column. Perhaps adding an "inactive" column would take care of these types of issues.

Monday, August 27, 2012 at 8:07 PM - Response #5

That's a good idea Rhonda. Also, does F.C. Bock mean to exclude 'guest members' from the survey or just any guest visiting the site? Depending on the answer, you could have the survey for logged in members only. That might eliminate the problem.
This is just a thought. Mr. Bock, put your survey on a protected page. Then form a specialized mailing list and save it through the 'email the classmates' section. Give the ones you would like to participate the school login password, as opposed to their own individual password. Now you've created a private page, "link # etc.", on which to do your business with fellow administrators only. Why wouldn't that work?
I'm interested in seeing what CC says about doing that; and good luck to you.
Barbara Idea

Edited 08/27/12 8:11 PM
Monday, August 27, 2012 at 8:21 PM - Response #6

Only people who have accounts at the website (guests and/or classmates who can log in) can take a survey.

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 at 7:36 AM - Response #7

Good point, Kyle. What about the 'password protected' and 'inactive' on the homepage link? Then shooting an email to the administrators that there is a survey of sorts and where it is? Hmmm...I bet that would be too involved for a large school, right?
Barbara

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.