ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

VIDEOS FROM YOU TUBE

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/24/12 11:58 AM Views: 1320 Replies: 3
Saturday, March 24, 2012 at 11:58 AM

Hello,

I have read the FAQ'S and watched the video regarding uploading a video from You Tube. However, I uploaded one according to directions, but it still has the "html"(?) characters on either side of the name. I don't think they should be there but I'm a real novice at this and am afraid to remove them! I want to upload more videos, but need to know the answer to this before I proceed!

As always, thank you so much for your assistance, and especially your patience!

Lynn Vega Pierce
pioneers62-50threunion

(The video is on the "Harken Back" page)

Saturday, March 24, 2012 at 10:57 PM - Response #1

Hi Lynn,

The code was in the main view of the editor. With any third party embedded object like youtube videos you need to enter then in the Source view. There is a Source button (first button on the top left of the editor) that changes the view to a source code view. Before I click that button I usually go the the area on the page where I want to place the object visually and add a string of 8's 88888888888888 so I can place the code exactly where I want it once I go into Source view. Then I click on Source and find the string of 8's and replace it with the code

I went ahead and did that for you on the Harken Back page.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Sunday, March 25, 2012 at 7:06 PM - Response #2

Thank you for fixing mine! I hope I can follow as I try to upload additional videos!

Lynn

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 at 8:02 PM - Response #3

Hi Jessica,

This tip was pure genius! I was really struggling with this process until I read this tip. It saved me a lot of time and frustration.

This Forumn rocks!!!

Thank you!

Sarah

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.