ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Message Forum Editing

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 09/12/13 08:49 AM Views: 815 Replies: 5
Thursday, September 12, 2013 at 8:49 AM

I have been wanting to do more with the message forum now that I have several classmates on line, so I reviewed the video describing how to set up the forum. When I went to my forum, there were none of the editing tools described in the video. I did go to the edit pages and found that I could change the title of the forum, but there seems to be no way to initiate conversation and put the forum into threads. In fact, the web page seems very different from the one used in the video. Does anyone know how to move forum topics into threads and to initiate conversation by posting threads in the forum?

Thursday, September 12, 2013 at 8:59 AM - Response #1

On your website, there is a MESSAGE FORUM and a USER FORUMS. There is no setup for the Message Forum. It is what it is and that is all that it is.
The USER FORUMS, you can set up to have multiple topics of discussion and different threads of discussion in the same topic. However, you have the USER FORUMS page disabled.
To enable the USER FORUMS, go to Edit Site Pages, then EDIT LINK for the USER FORUMS page. Then save the changes.

Thursday, September 12, 2013 at 9:17 AM - Response #2

I have a couple of threads already begun in the Message Forum before I understood the difference between the two. Is there a way to move those comments to the User Forum? Our graduating class was the first one integrated in 1964, and members have started a discussion about that event and the young man who came to our school. This was a significant and life changing event for us and for the people of Alabama. I would love to have classmates talk about their remembrances of that event and I hope we can find the young man who integrated our school. If I could move the first comments into one thread on the User Forum page "Local Pub" right now on my site, I think it would generate a lot of discussion.

Thursday, September 12, 2013 at 10:35 AM - Response #3

The only way is to COPY/PASTE. Copy from MESSAGE FORUM, then paste to USER FORUMS

Thursday, September 12, 2013 at 12:30 PM - Response #4

Hi Charles,
I was reading your post about the message forum and I think that's very admirable of you about wanting to remember (in today's light) what went on 50 years ago. My comment is that during the 2 years we were preparing for our reunion, and even now, I used the homepage, announcement function for many discussion topics. Then I switched alumni over to the user forums. I found this to be comfortable for individuals in the beginning (i.e. putting a topic out there as well as in the user forum). It took off right away, and I think it was because alumni saw my rhetoric on the subject or query just by accident and then wanted to join in.
This is just a thought.
Barbara

Thursday, September 12, 2013 at 12:36 PM - Response #5

I agree with Barbara!! Nobody uses our Forums...I wanted to do that for 9/11..but I am in Vegas ShockedShocked and didn't have the time to set it up.
People who read my 9/11 Tribute page..email me with their experiences that day..I want others kinda like a blog..to do the same thing.
I wanted to put an widget on Benganzi on there too...Just no time...looking at real estate here...we want out of bankrupt IL..and outta the snow and ice.Wink

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.