ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Custom question not appearing on profile

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 07/12/14 02:22 PM Views: 1845 Replies: 16
Saturday, July 12, 2014 at 2:22 PM

We added a custom question with a drop down. It's not appearing on the profiles when you view the profile. It's there when you edit but not in the gray box when you view. How do you get that info to appear on the profiles?

Saturday, July 12, 2014 at 4:07 PM - Response #1

To get ANY question to appear on the profile, answer the question. Are you saying that those classmates who have answered the question do not have the profile question appear as being answered when you view their profile?

Saturday, July 12, 2014 at 5:09 PM - Response #2

The question is active and when answered it does not appear in the profile. When you edit the profile it's there but it isn't there when you view the profile.

Saturday, July 12, 2014 at 5:16 PM - Response #3

Scott Evans answered the question and I see his answer..

Pine View Class of:

Saturday, July 12, 2014 at 5:31 PM - Response #4

He did his after I added the question. It doesn't show on mine. Perhaps the issue is with profiles that were done before the question was added?

Saturday, July 12, 2014 at 6:26 PM - Response #5

It shows up on your profile, too. Just scroll down past the comment section.

Questions & Answers
Hide Comments
Pine View Class of:
Attending Friday Cocktail Party,Saturday Dinner & Sunday Picnic (01/17/15)
Yes

Sunday, July 13, 2014 at 1:21 PM - Response #6

When we add a question in the Profile Generator, it will not show on previously answered profiles until members update their profiles and answer that question.

This may be a good time for those of us who are considering adding profile questions to do so. Once we feel we have added all the questions we will add for awhile, then send an email out to the class asking everyone to update their profile - found under Member Functions in the left menu. (There are times we need to point members to the 'how to'.)
Cool

Monday, October 27, 2014 at 1:24 PM - Response #7

It would be helpful to move the Questions and Answers above the Comments section. Once there are a number of comments, the users don't realize they need to scroll to the bottom to find additional profile information.

I hope this is possible to do as my users are frustrated at not finding their "complete profile".

Thanks.

Tuesday, October 28, 2014 at 2:23 PM - Response #8

Thanks for the feedback. We can consider alternate solutions.

Saturday, July 2, 2016 at 6:51 PM - Response #9

I revised questions and added one. Only a few classmates completed profiles before the changes. Their profiles do not show all the revised questions. Is there something I can do to allow them to see all the 11 active questions?

Edited 07/02/16 6:52 PM
Tuesday, July 5, 2016 at 1:10 PM - Response #10

Your members will need to go back and update their answers.

Tuesday, July 5, 2016 at 9:13 PM - Response #11

I went back and updated one question but still don't have the option of answering 3 questions that are checked as active. Is there another update button rather than the edit button I used?

Tuesday, July 5, 2016 at 10:01 PM - Response #12

which 3 questions?

Wednesday, July 6, 2016 at 8:25 PM - Response #13

we re-sequenced the questions and added new questions. I discovered two of the missing questions are apparently auto-fill questions-- Current Residence (our #2 question) and Birthday (our #9 question) our #5 question may be another auto fill -we asked "Where have you lived" our question #15 "photos or videos" with prompts. these to do not show after updating. these are part of the original list of questions, so they must be auto-fills?

Wednesday, July 6, 2016 at 9:51 PM - Response #14

Profile Generator questions that are DEFAULT QUESTIONS cannot be modified to change their purpose. You have done that, so it won't work.

Default questions:
"Last Updated" you changed to be "Where have you lived". This won't work because the "Last Updated" is not filled out by the classmate, but is a date field inserted by the system.

"Occupation" you changed to "Working or Retired". This might work, but there used to be a Home Page Module called "Occupations", that would show up all the classmate occupations. This module was removed from the system.

"Spouse/Partner", you renamed "Connect with Me", but I don't know what that means. It is supposed to be the name of the spouse/partner.

"Children" is now called "Hold", whatever that means. It will display at the top of the profile in the section reserved for spouse/partner and family.

"Comments" is now renamed "Where have you traveled?", probably not a problem except when it was called "Comments" and classmates left their comments and now the topic is changed to "Travel"

"School Story" is now renamed "What technology that did not exist in 1967 would you find it hard to live without?" - not really a problem except for classmates who left a "School Story" and now the topic is technology.

"Military Service" is now renamed "Sport". This default question is special - it has a drop-down for what type of military service and a flag icon so you can select the country served. It is not a form-fill-in type question, so nobody will be able to type anything.

Those default questions that you renamed and now they don't make sense, should be changed back to what they should be..

Thursday, July 7, 2016 at 6:58 PM - Response #15

thank you for the explanation, it is something I did not find in prior questions.

Friday, July 8, 2016 at 7:36 AM - Response #16

The explanation about not changing the default questions is found on the SHOW HELP page of the Profile Generator. It says "Default question. These cannot be deleted but can be reworded or deactivated."

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.