ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Help for Newbies at your site the 1st time

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 02/09/10 11:11 PM Views: 1338 Replies: 3
Tuesday, February 9, 2010 at 11:11 PM

You're probably having problems with first-time visitors who only provide minimal information on their profile like I am.

I'm thinking that because they can't actually SEE any profiles, they don't know what they will look like so they just fill in the 'mandatory' answers.

Idea I'm trying something to change that. And you should be able to see it by visiting my site http://www.classcreator.com/Port-Huron-MI-1961/

As a non-registered visitor, you'll get my revised "Newbie Announcement" (only shown to those not registered) and be able to click on and view the "..sample profile of a classmate we all knew..." (Profile is set so anyone can see it.)

I'm hoping more of the new profiles will have more information after they can see an actual -- well, almost actual -- profile as a pattern. Laughing

I'll let you know.

Brad: I'd like the "yearbook picture" for my special classmate to show even to those not logged in. How can I do that for just this one classmate?

Edited 02/09/10 11:44 PM
Wednesday, February 10, 2010 at 12:12 AM - Response #1

John,

I don't think it is possible to display the class photo if you have it turned off for the rest of the class.

Also, upon viewing this classmate, at the bottom it says:
If you are Big Red, please click here to update your profile!

If someone clicks there, they will fill out the member profile for your Big Red. You should already fill out his member profile with a username/password so that this message doesn't appear.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010 at 12:43 AM - Response #2

Thanks, Kyle. Fixed that oversight. I created this profile originally in the Manage Classmates area and adding password wasn't a choice there.

Edited 02/10/10 12:44 AM
Wednesday, February 10, 2010 at 8:09 AM - Response #3

You need to sign in as that classmate to create the password.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.