ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

how to disable delete function

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/02/09 12:45 PM Views: 1524 Replies: 4
Monday, November 2, 2009 at 12:45 PM

hi all,
does anyone know if the delete function in the message forum can be deleted for non-admins.
i noticed that users can create, edit and delete msgs in the message forum, i was hoping the delete function can be disabled.

ur assistance would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
Georg

Monday, November 2, 2009 at 2:38 PM - Response #1

Classmates can edit their own posts, but they can't delete posts already. Only Admins can delete.

Monday, November 2, 2009 at 2:57 PM - Response #2

thanks for the response.
initially i thought so too, however delete can still be made by non-admins, on their own posts, along with Edit.

can u clarify pls

Monday, November 2, 2009 at 11:33 PM - Response #3

Oops, sorry, you're talking about the old forums (original Message Forums). Yes, on those Classmates can delete a post they've made themselves. Removing that option and leaving the Edit option wouldn't do anything other than force Classmates to edit their post, delete whatever they wanted to delete anyway, and then they'd have to save the post with some other verbiage. Thus if we remove the delete option we'd also have to delete the edit option, since for all intents and purposes both can be used as a delete option. And if we do that then Classmates have no way to edit anything, or even correct something simple such as a typo.

Wednesday, November 4, 2009 at 10:50 PM - Response #4

thanx for the response.
ur right if the delete option was not set but the edit is still there, user can still do a backspace of their entire post and replace it with something else.
i was just thinking that if the option to delete was not there, they might not have an inkling or rather will be lazy enough not think of other means to delete their entire post.
thanks for the creative thinking anywayWink

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.