ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

SITE upgrades or fixes

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 03/24/12 11:44 AM Views: 1219 Replies: 2
Saturday, March 24, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Hi,
I would respectfully like to suggest that when a problem or upgrade of the CC programs are going on that we have a Forum Topic at the top of the forum list...In
RED...this way the admins have a spot to go to if they are having any issues on their page due to changes/upgrades/fixes to the CC programs. It would be centralized here making it easy for others to spot right way. Another suggestion...is to give the admins a standardized message that we can post on our site to let our classmates know when the system will be down for such upgrades etc.

I am new here and maybe all of this has been addressed in the past (hard to get get thru all the many,many posts!) So forgive me if this has been talked about before.

Thank you for listening and for doing a wonderful thing!!

Meg

Monday, March 26, 2012 at 10:15 AM - Response #1

HI Meg,

Thanks for the thoughtful suggestion! I'll pass it along for consideration.

Monday, March 26, 2012 at 3:32 PM - Response #2

Hi Meg,

Most upgrades won't affect anything on the live site or anyone's ability to use it. We had an exception with the Reunion Planner updates recently and posted a notice on the top of that page until complete. If there are similar occurrences in the future we'll definitely let you and all Admins know. Couple comments on maintenance:

1) If we are taking the system offline briefly for an unexpected maintenance event or sometimes expectedly very late at night for a quick maintenance window we will post a yellow bar at the top of your site informing users what time the site is going down. Most of these maintenance windows are 10 minutes or less and we usually don't start them until 2:00 a.m. EST or later.

2) If we are going down for a longer maintenance window, which is rare but happens sometimes, we will notify all Admins via email with exact details.

Any other questions about this just let me know.

Brad Switzer
Class Creator

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.