ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Donation

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/12/22 09:09 AM Views: 3294 Replies: 8
Friday, August 12, 2022 at 9:09 AM

I made a donation to our class on August 6. Six days later, that money still isn’t in our account. How long does that take? We have a reunion next year and this is why we are discouraging credit card payments.

Friday, August 12, 2022 at 11:13 AM - Response #1

We've always avoided credit cards. Registration and donations are by snail mail and payment is by check. Keeps it simple and foolproof.

Friday, August 12, 2022 at 1:40 PM - Response #2

Scott Moore wrote:

We've always avoided credit cards. Registration and donations are by snail mail and payment is by check. Keeps it simple and foolproof.

We've always done the same regarding payment but do register on-line using the Event Planner. It may be considered less convenient but does keep it simple and simple is a very, very good thing.

Edited 08/12/22 1:42 PM
Friday, August 12, 2022 at 3:06 PM - Response #3

Joe, one of the major drawbacks of using the CC system for various payments is the amount of time it can take (up to 14 days) for the funds to become available for use. Prior to our last class reunion we did a survey to see what forms of payment Classmates preferred. We found that 86% wanted a Credit Card option. We ended up using the CC payment system and 88% of the payments were Credit Cards.

One potential way of expediting payments would be to use the CC system for Reunion Registration but provide a PayPal or other system option for payment. Even though that would require double effort to post the payments manually to the CC system for accounting and receipt generation, the revenue would be available MUCH sooner.

That is an approach we may use at our next reunion.

Friday, August 12, 2022 at 4:41 PM - Response #4

That is something to consider, Phil. I don't think our class would have any issues with paying by check, but we still have time to consider our options.

Tuesday, August 16, 2022 at 10:42 AM - Response #5

10 days now and that money is still not in our account. Received another donation yesterday. Will that show up? Not holding my breath.

Wednesday, August 17, 2022 at 1:50 AM - Response #6

Hi Joe,

Did you use the home page PayPal donation button?

I don't see a pending donation or withdrawal on your site.

Please check your PayPal account to see if it is there.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Wednesday, August 17, 2022 at 11:24 AM - Response #7

I did use the Pay Pal link and it’s not there either.

Wednesday, August 17, 2022 at 11:49 AM - Response #8

Check your card to see if you were charged by PayPal for the donation. The easy donation option on the home page goes directly to PayPal and is not tracked or accessible to us. If it is not there it sounds like it did not complete at PayPal. Check your card first and if you were charged you will need to contact PayPal to determine the status of the funds.

Jessica

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.