ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

In Memory Update

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/29/19 03:58 PM Views: 741 Replies: 12
Thursday, August 29, 2019 at 3:58 PM

A couple of days ago, I added Walter Leonard to the In Memory area of the site. His name, however, is not showing on the homepage under "In Memory Update"

What could be preventing his name from being displayed?

Thursday, August 29, 2019 at 10:07 PM - Response #1

Back in February, shortly after the Home Page's In Memory box was introduced, we posted a problem {HERE} noting that the names displayed appeared to be in random order - and did not display recent moves. We tried again in June {HERE}, again with no response.

I just checked, and that problem does not appear to be fixed. Two moves here a week or so ago do not display. We turned that home page box off.

Friday, August 30, 2019 at 5:14 PM - Response #2

John -- thanks for your comments.

I might follow your lead and turn off the home page In Memory update box until this is fixed.

In the meantime CC - let's hear from you.

Edit: Walt Leonard's name is now showing on the In Memory Update listing. I had added him to the In Memory on 8/27---it was early evening 8/30 before his name showed up in the Upeate box on the homepage.

Edited 08/30/19 6:53 PM
Wednesday, January 15, 2020 at 8:08 AM - Response #4

Jan 15, 2020

Once again, I'm experiencing inconsistency with the names appearing in the IN MEMORY update box displayed on the homepage.

Within the past 10 days, I've added Ruth Whisnant and Al Mixon to the In Memory. Al's name is displayed on the homepage, but not Ruth's. The only thing different -----when I first created an In Memory album for Ruth, I didn't add any content (the obituary wasn't available, nor did I type any message) When I added Al, content was included on the In Memory same day. His name appeared in the dropdown box on the homepage the same day his album was created.

Please advise how Ruth's name can be displayed on the homepage.

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 at 2:27 PM - Response #5

Hi Irma,

I'm checking with the programmers. I don't think there was anything to link to when you originally added her. She did not have a profile or any In Memory content yet. I see it is there now so I'm checking with them to see how to get it listed on the home page now.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 at 4:28 PM - Response #6

Hi Irma,

This feature was a request and the request included specific triggers to include someone on the In Memory update list. The box displays and sorts by the date/time an admin ticks the "Notify xxx users about this In Memory addition/update. Did you check that box for Ruth?

Jessica

Thursday, January 23, 2020 at 12:32 PM - Response #7

Jessica - it's 1/23 and I'm just seeing your earlier reply. I do not recall receiving a notification that you had replied.

Regardless - yes - the box was triggered.
As of today, Ruth's name continues to NOT being displayed on the homepage. Please help make that happen (vs asking me to do anything further)

Thursday, January 23, 2020 at 2:03 PM - Response #8

Hi Irma,

Unfortunately there is no way for us to trigger it after the fact without it sending another update. I believe this instance boils down to the system having nothing to link to when it was added. Generally there is either a profile or some sort of In Memory content to link.

We're going to retire this feature. The In Memory section of the site handles all of the email notifications so those will still go out and everyone will still be listed there and on the profiles page.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Monday, July 18, 2022 at 4:29 PM - Response #9

Jessica wrote:

Hi Irma,

Unfortunately there is no way for us to trigger it after the fact without it sending another update. I believe this instance boils down to the system having nothing to link to when it was added. Generally there is either a profile or some sort of In Memory content to link.

We're going to retire this feature. The In-Memory section of the site handles all of the email notifications so those will still go out and everyone will still be listed there and on the profiles page.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Please remove the 'In Memory Update' box feature from view as an option to activate on the list. As of today, it is still available and NOT RETIRED as you said it would be in 2020. We tried it again as an available option but it doesn't work. Thanks

Monday, July 18, 2022 at 4:41 PM - Response #10

Hi Bruce,

It is not active on your site. We have had admins who use the feature as is asking us not to remove it. Some classes are using it "for updates only". You can just leave it turned off. We are not planning to change the programming of it, however, we don't want to take it away from those who use it now.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Monday, July 18, 2022 at 11:51 PM - Response #11

Thanks for keeping the right column module IN MEMORY UPDATES, Class Creator (Jessica).

When I add or update an In Memory page, I check the box, which adds the member's name to the module. For members who have chosen not to receive In Memory notifications, it is where they can look to see who has been added. This is important for our multi-year alumni site. I appreciate it.

Monday, July 18, 2022 at 11:54 PM - Response #12

Bruce,
Though In Memory sends a notification to members, I found that checking the box in the bottom left of the page is what triggers the names to appear in the In Memory Update module. I added one this evening and note that the list shown is in the order they were moved to In Memory.
Gwen

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.