ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Souvenir sales post reunion

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/08/14 10:41 AM Views: 658 Replies: 6
Saturday, February 8, 2014 at 10:41 AM

We had a fabulous first ever all school reunion last summer and finally had DVDs & pics to sell to the alums. Our problem has come when a person has used credit for their initial purchase of the registration fees and now are sending checks for the purchase of their souvenirs. We can manually enter the check payment, but can't mark it as a check and have them then go to an error list that tells us to enter their pyt method! Problem is the 'check' option is not there on those particular accounts!

What can we do to remedy this. Has become a problem since updates this fall.

Monday, February 10, 2014 at 12:33 PM - Response #1

The column for payment method that had once reflected the Credit selection due to the initial purchase.. that does not need to be changed to reflect a new check transaction. That is really there for your reference. Personally, if I were opening up a post reunion store, I would start a New Reunion planner anyway just so that all the accounting is fresh / separate from the event.

Monday, February 10, 2014 at 3:20 PM - Response #2

I had come to conclusion that a new reunion planner would probably have been simpler, but we had on going Alumni memberships and sponsorships attached to the other, so initially went that way.

If we can't make the new entry a check, then our accounting is all off & we're getting error reports showing those dual pyt types, making comprehensive bookkeeping via the site glitchy, as in officers can't use it for verification if someone asks and the Treasurer isn't always available. Too late to change the set up now as we have 100 DVDs & 50 photos already sold there. Is there not a way to get us done with this project? Please!!!!

On an unrelated topic, some are using very small specialized fonts in their posts that are very difficult to read. My windows live doesn't allow zoom. Perhaps this could be noted in future admin messages.

Thanks for your help!

Edited 02/10/14 3:22 PM
Monday, February 10, 2014 at 5:01 PM - Response #3

Could you point me to a few specific posts to see?

Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 12:55 AM - Response #4

Sorry this has taken me so long to respond to. Lana Beachel Smith is one.
Cheryl Barnes Weaver another.
Jeff Broer another.
Most all of the ones showing a balance in the amt owed column, except Cheryl Albert Beckwith and the ones showing money owed (negative amt).

Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at 5:28 PM - Response #5

I will check to see if we can fix this issue. We might not be able to go in and do so with the release of the new event planner coming up so soon. Not sure that we will be doing any more "fixes" to the old Reunion Planner now that we are releasing a new version. I will find out.

Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at 5:50 PM - Response #6

Thanks for your efforts! Hopefully for future events this can somehow happen, as we are already making plans for sales of DVDs during and after the next reunion itself in '17. Sure that if we do point of sale, there will be some cash and check sales on top of digital sales for reservations all within the same event.

Livin' & Learnin'!

Marilyn

Edited 03/04/14 5:53 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.