ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Make a PDF Available?!?!?!

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/30/08 02:47 PM Views: 1528 Replies: 7
Tuesday, September 30, 2008 at 2:47 PM

Howdy! I have a wonderful flyer for my upcoming reunion in a PDF format. How do I make it visible and shareable with all my classmates who log on so they can view it or print it out themselves???

Tuesday, September 30, 2008 at 3:41 PM - Response #1

1) Edit any page of your site
2) Click the chain link icon
3) Click the upload tab
4) Upload your file and note the resulting link path
5) Copy the path and then link to your file

Thursday, October 2, 2008 at 12:33 PM - Response #2

OK, NOW I am confused Brad. What is the chain link??? Mine only comes up with a HTTP: icon and then is blank? I too havea PDF file that I'd like for them to be able to print off to send in registration manually??? Help!!!

Thursday, October 2, 2008 at 1:06 PM - Response #3

You have to put the link on one of the available pages. Edit that page. Brad is saying to click on chain link which is the icon that looks like a globe with one chain link in front of it.

If you put your cursor on it it will say, "Insert/Edit Link".

Thursday, October 2, 2008 at 3:02 PM - Response #4

Right. And after you click on it, then you have to click the upload tab across the top.

Make sure you are doing this in Internet Explorer or Firefox. Don't use Safari for file uploads for now -- we're working on upgrading our Safari editor.

Edited 10/16/08 10:38 PM
Thursday, October 2, 2008 at 6:01 PM - Response #5

Gotcha, and figured it out. Didnt know to look for the Globe thingie!! I prefer the PDF so that they can print it off(registration) , mail it in and we get a check. Just old school I guess. Plus, many of our vendors do NOt use Paypal or computer payments!!

Thursday, October 16, 2008 at 2:44 PM - Response #6

I'm missing a step somewhere.

Nothing happens when the link is created. But someone can right-click and "save target as" to download and view the document.

I would prefer that the document open right up when clicking. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Thursday, October 16, 2008 at 10:42 PM - Response #7

Where is your PDF linked on your site? I took a quick look but was unable to find it. If you can right click and "save target as" then it sounds to me like you've done it correctly. If you left click and the PDF doesn't open for you, there's a thing on your computer called a mime type that may not be in place. You do have the Acrobat Reader installed I take it? Since I can't find your PDF link I can't say this for sure, but my guess is that other people can get your PDF file by left clicking on it too. The inability to open your PDF by left clicking is most likely unique to your own computer's setup.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.