ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Announcements on top of Home Page Content

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 02/09/10 04:01 PM Views: 1471 Replies: 6
Tuesday, February 9, 2010 at 4:01 PM

My Announcements used to sit nicely below my content and adjacent to "upcoming birthdays" etc. Now the Announcements are lying on top of the features that are along the right hand side of my Home Page. I can't figure out how to adjust this. Can anyone help? Thank you- Cary

Tuesday, February 9, 2010 at 4:31 PM - Response #1

Cary,

It is your "Photo Gallery" announcement that is causing the problems.

If you edit that announcement, you will see this line
CHECK THE LINK TO THE LEFT AND ADD YOUR OWN PHOTOS!!!

Since you are using   that means that it is a "non-blank space", meaning the line cannot wrap there. Since there is no place to wrap, the browser can't wrap when it needs to, so it stretches out the announcement.

To fix this, edit your Photo Gallery announcement and insert some " " characters where you want the line to wrap.

Tuesday, February 9, 2010 at 8:14 PM - Response #2

Thank you!!

Saturday, April 17, 2010 at 9:06 PM - Response #3

Help! I seem to be having the same sort of problem?
My announcements are all way below the items on the right.. They used to be adjacent to them? THanks,Cindy

Saturday, April 17, 2010 at 9:44 PM - Response #4

Third party slideshow didn't fit where you placed it. I adjusted the size. See this thread to learn how to solve this yourself next time.

Sunday, April 18, 2010 at 10:06 AM - Response #5

Thanks. It was so weird. I have had that up there since December, and 2 days ago, it didnt work out on the home page.. All of a sudden! Well, thanks again for the fix.. NOW, if it happens again, LOL... I will TRY to remember the thread!! Thanks again for ALL YOU DO!!! Cindy

Sunday, April 18, 2010 at 10:38 AM - Response #6

To read about what caused this, see this forum thread:

http://forums.classcreator.com/messages.cfm?messageid=AEE69DF4-9CB7-5300-E6E3F4FE6A7F0549#AEE69DF4-9CB7-5300-E6E3F4FE6A7F0549

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.