ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Surveys exported information - need/want

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 05/01/13 02:42 AM Views: 1644 Replies: 6
Wednesday, May 1, 2013 at 2:42 AM

Currently when we export surveys into excel, the survey questions and corresponding answers are ALL vertical on the sheet only using about 5 columns across the page with question, answer, hint, example. Would it be easy enough / possible to have all the questions be in columns ONLY going across the page, to the tune of however many questions there are (not including hints, examples) and then have all the answers in the rows (one row per PERSON's answers) going across the page under the columns of questions. Just like it is in the classmates profile excel downloads.
Thanks!

Edited 05/01/13 2:48 AM
Wednesday, May 1, 2013 at 5:35 PM - Response #1

Thanks Marla. I will forward the suggestion.

Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 12:20 AM - Response #2

I LIKE IT THE WAY IT ISTwisted Evil

Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 5:42 PM - Response #3

The key is to offer it either way. Smile

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 at 6:04 PM - Response #4

Somewhat easy to manipulate in excel to accomplish the one line view, but ONLY IF YOU MARK EVERY QUESTION REQUIRED. The purpose of this response is to let others that might be trying to do the same thing that setting everything as required will help when you try to manipulate data.

I agree with the requested option...

Saturday, March 21, 2015 at 5:41 PM - Response #5

Gwen hits the nail on the head.

I agree with the original post. I'm trying to take the exported output from a survey on past experiences and build a reunion book using Mailmerge and MS Office. It would be most useful if each response had it's own column, in addition to the existing columns of Member, Email, and Date.

Edited 03/21/15 5:42 PM
Saturday, June 13, 2015 at 11:10 AM - Response #6

I will bump this up, and echo what Marla, Gwen, Karen, and Jeffrey have said. The current Excel output is fairly useless. The exported output should have the option of being in standard one-row-per-classmate, one-column-per-answer format -- just like exporting data from Profile information.

It would also enable easy visual scanning to see who left certain questions blank.

Thanks !

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.