ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Reseting names

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 09/30/08 01:12 PM Views: 1343 Replies: 3
Tuesday, September 30, 2008 at 1:12 PM

Can I reset certain years if I need to or do I have to uncheck all boxes?

Tuesday, September 30, 2008 at 5:08 PM - Response #1

I'm assuming you're talking about using the "Reset Classmates" button? If so, no, you can not reset classmates by year within a multi year site. But during the reset process you can deselect any Classmates you've previously added to the system that you don't want to remove during your reset.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008 at 6:18 PM - Response #2

CC, Yes, I am referring to the "reset". The reason I am sort of thinking ahead (maybe I should not do this) and because I have 25,0000 if I hit the reset button I will have to go thru all of the -alphelbetically?- to determine which ones I want to delete. This would then be about 500 names I would have to pick out ot the 25,000. I was thinking that this would be a way to get rid of any names we did not want by just picking the year. This is not something I need now like I said I was just thinking ahead. You guys are doing such a great job that it is great to be able to have a multiple year site at all. Thanks

I'm assuming you're talking about using the "Reset Classmates" button? If so, no, you can not reset classmates by year within a multi year site. But during the reset process you can deselect any Classmates you've previously added to the system that you don't want to remove during your reset

Tuesday, September 30, 2008 at 7:11 PM - Response #3

Yes... I can see that scrolling through a list of 25,000 Classmates would be a little bit.....daunting. Now that we've implemented multi, we may well have to come up with a multi reset system that's a little different from what's in there now. I can see how many multi Admins could have gigantic Classmate lists just like you do. This is something I'll discuss with the programmers.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.