ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

copy of artwork on home page

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/26/09 03:20 PM Views: 1700 Replies: 8
Thursday, February 26, 2009 at 3:20 PM

Hi:

This might be a weird question, but my committee loves the home page logo of the 80's and wants to incorporate it in our 25th reunion invite. (MTV, Miami Vice etc). Can we use this artwork for the invite? Can you send it me or can i find it some where.

Thanks!

Thursday, February 26, 2009 at 3:27 PM - Response #1

Here's the deal: Our designers created that montage at 72 dpi resolution specifically for the web, which is a relatively low resolution medium. It's not particularly well suited for print, which has a dpi typically around 300 dpi. Thus if you print it, you'll get a little bit of a "fuzzy' look to it.

Having said that, you can certainly press your print screen key and capture your screen, then crop and use the image as you desire. The 72 dpi web capture would be the same same resolution we could provide it to you at anyway. Thus, if there's anything you can use there, by all means go for it.

Thursday, February 26, 2009 at 3:29 PM - Response #2

By the way, if you open up your original logo file, crop off all the extra white space in any graphics software (such as Irfaniew at www.irfanview.com), and reupload it, it will fill the space in your design far better.

Thursday, February 26, 2009 at 3:42 PM - Response #3

Thank you, worked like a charm! Happy Graphic Artist is on board.

Another great Class Creator issued solved!!

Jodi

PS..what do you think of my site?

Thursday, February 26, 2009 at 4:25 PM - Response #4

Well, if you were one of our oldest Class Creator sites, I'd tell you that your site is the "cat's meow." If you were one of our youngest Class Creator sites I'd give you a "that's hot." But, since you're an 80s class like myself, I'm going to give you a "that's totally awesome." It really looks very nice. Love the affiliate stuff at the bottom, nice way to raise some extra funds. Most people don't have any idea what affiliate marketing is, so kudos to you for that.

By the way, I removed your PayPal code from your donate box. Our system plugs the same code in already, so with your own code you wound up with two PayPal Donate buttons.

Thursday, February 26, 2009 at 5:14 PM - Response #5

cool beans!!! oh, I mean totally...

We have sold almost a 1k in ads so far and have not advertise the site at all yet. I'm hitting all my classmates for ads at 250 a pop it ads up quickly...

For my real job, I'm a national acct exe for a company in Indy (I'm based in Chicago). Selling comes naturally!! ha Can say no to me or I will pull there contact info from the site.

Thursday, February 26, 2009 at 10:35 PM - Response #6

There ya go! Smile Make sure you click your Subscription link and then click the Refer A Friend program -- we need people like YOU out there blabbin' about Class Creator. Smile

Monday, April 29, 2013 at 6:31 PM - Response #7

IS there ONE easy place to refer to, for artwork specifications on Class Creator, such as pixel and dpi requirements on each piece of artwork?

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 at 4:04 PM - Response #8

Not particularly. As a rule of thumb, any image saved for use on the web should be 72 dpi. Images that are in the top portion of the home page between your left navigation and the right modules should be no wider than 420 px. Images further down the page that are not part of the announcements can be up to 640 px wide. The custom designs each have their own size specifications that are unique to each advanced option. I will talk to Brad and try to get a list together of each of the size specs and where it makes sense to post them.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.