ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

How to link to a printable letter?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/13/09 12:13 PM Views: 1395 Replies: 2
Sunday, September 13, 2009 at 12:13 PM

Greetings Staff and other clients.

This my first attempt to link a text phrase to a printable letter. From the Homepage Announcement section I want to be able to use the pharse "Click Here", to link to a new window on the "Home Page" preferably (or another editable page if necessary, where an 81/2 by 11 letter pops up that can be printed, then the window closed.

Question: What format should the letter be in to best accomplish this? It's currently in PDF format. Shoul I convert it to Txt, jpeg, or some other form to get the best posssible reproduction? I tried to upload the pdf letter into my file vault already and it said it was in the wrong format.

The letter is on alumni letterhead (standard stationary)and is an invitation that can be mailed by surface mail to other alumni as an inviatation to join our site.

My big question is.....when the letter pops up to be printed, will it print out the "Standard size" 8.5 x 11 inches, or smaller because of the 600+ pixel width limitation of the CC software.

Sunday, September 13, 2009 at 12:30 PM - Response #1

Larry * Noller wrote:

Greetings Staff and other clients.

This my first attempt to link a text phrase to a printable letter. From the Homepage Announcement section I want to be able to use the pharse "Click Here", to link to a new window on the "Home Page" preferably (or another editable page if necessary, where an 81/2 by 11 letter pops up that can be printed, then the window closed.

Question: What format should the letter be in to best accomplish this? It's currently in PDF format. Shoul I convert it to Txt, jpeg, or some other form to get the best posssible reproduction? I tried to upload the pdf letter into my file vault already and it said it was in the wrong format.

The letter is on alumni letterhead (standard stationary)and is an invitation that can be mailed by surface mail to other alumni as an inviatation to join our site.

My big question is.....when the letter pops up to be printed, will it print out the "Standard size" 8.5 x 11 inches, or smaller because of the 600+ pixel width limitation of the CC software.

Hi Larry,

PDF should work just fine. To upload the PDF, go to your editor window and click the Insert/Edit LINK button instead of the IMAGE button. This will allow you to upload the PDF file. The IMAGE button only allows images to be uploaded.

Since you will be uploading a PDF, it will print exactly like the PDF was saved.

After the PDF is uploaded, just insert it as a link through the same INSERT/EDIT LINK button. Before clicking OK click on the TARGET tab and choose TARGET Pop-up window. This will make it pop up in a different window.

Hope this helps.

One other thing, if you want "Click Me" to be the text to click, I think type "Click Me" then select it before clicking on the INSERT/EDIT LINK button.

Edited 09/13/09 12:37 PM
Sunday, September 13, 2009 at 4:25 PM - Response #2

Success! Worked like a charm after 2 tries. Thanks for the tip.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.