ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Home Page Spacing

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 03/02/11 04:09 PM Views: 1207 Replies: 7
Wednesday, March 2, 2011 at 4:09 PM

I have had perfect spacing of virtually everything on my Home Page for some time now, but somehow have entered something near the top that has pushed my right hand border out beyond where it is supposed to be. Can maybe Brad or Kyle take a look and let me know what it is that I need to do to get it back where it is supposed to be. Edd

Wednesday, March 2, 2011 at 5:20 PM - Response #1

Edd,

Just taking a guess, I would say it is the spaces in front of the cypress trees that is causing your issues (you said you wanted to fix it yourself)

Wednesday, March 2, 2011 at 7:02 PM - Response #2

Well, I thought if I was able to fix it myself, it would be easier next time. However, it must be more complicated than just taking out the spaces before the Cyprus trees, because when I do that and look at the content, some of the images that were on the left margin, have moved over and up on the right side of others, where they would most surely blow out the right hand column. So, I would be most happy if you would take a shot at it. I can move the Cyprus shot to another page if that is my problem.
Edd

Wednesday, March 2, 2011 at 7:07 PM - Response #3

It is done. All I did was delete the spaces in front of the image.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011 at 7:21 PM - Response #4

Edd -

To make an image automatically center in the space it has available, click once on the image to highlight it, then click on the Image icon in the Editor Strip and in the drop down next to "Align" choose "Center".

No need to add spaces to move it over to the right.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011 at 7:50 PM - Response #5

Your usual great job, and I thank you very much.

Did you actually fixed my spacing problem by removing the 8 or 10 ;nbsps that were immediately ahead of the Cyprus pic? If that is the case, there is no way I would have ever figured that one out. I want to ask how you knew, but I just know that it is more complicated than I would likely understand. Glad you are around to fix these things. Edd

Wednesday, March 2, 2011 at 7:55 PM - Response #6

Thank you. I am used to highlighting an image and then centering by clicking on the center text align icon, but was not aware there was a dropdown menu for centering. I will give it a try. Edd

Wednesday, March 2, 2011 at 8:24 PM - Response #7

Here is a trick I use. When viewing the home page, I press CTRL-A (on a windows machine). This selects everything on the page - highlights it. I can then see where there are non-blank-space codes on the page that won't wrap. The first thing that is on the right margin is usually the thing that is causing the page to be expanded.

Yes, I went in to the home page and removed the 8 or 10 (ampersand)nbsp; codes. These cause the browser to not wrap on those space codes.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.