ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Photo Gallery - possible to download?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/21/13 02:49 PM Views: 810 Replies: 4
Monday, January 21, 2013 at 2:49 PM

I haven't created a photo gallery yet and I'm trying to find out as much as possible before I get it going. I have a basic question: After the reunion is over is it possible to download all the photos to my computer for future use and/or storage? Can this be done in batches rather than one at a time?

Thanks

Ted
PS - I found the answer after creating a test gallery. Yes you can do this. But now another question: After you download all the photos from the gallery, can you delete them from the website? Where are they stored? Where are the instructions for the Classmates telling them how to upload to the Gallery? I see they have the ability to upload but it doesn't give them the option to place them in the Gallery (unless I missed it again).

Edited 01/21/13 3:28 PM
Monday, January 21, 2013 at 3:27 PM - Response #1

In the Gallery Creator there is a DOWNLOAD link for each gallery, which allows you to download a zip file containing all the images in that gallery. There is no download option that covers all galleries, but you do *not* have to download images individually.

Monday, January 21, 2013 at 4:26 PM - Response #2

Eric,
I have a similar question. My reunion is coming up this March. The plan is to distribute throw away cameras. Plus I have a digital Fugi jx500 (never used it yet). Can I somehow scan the photos to the gallery or the file vault, then pick and choose which ones to use? I want to put them on a disc and sell them for $10 a piece. Plus I thought I'd give some away to a few special people.
Am I taking on too much? It's a small group...2 to 3 dozen for 3 days and I have help taking pics.
Barbara

Monday, January 21, 2013 at 4:39 PM - Response #3

Barbara,

For the THROW AWAY cameras, I would take them to a photo shop (Target, Sam's Club, etc.) and have them put on a CD. They would then be digital. After they are digital, you can upload any of them to the photo gallery that you choose to do.

The Digital camera should be saving those photos to a SD Card (like a flash drive or removable hard drive) inside of the camera. You can also get those put on a CD if you want at the same photo shop.

When you have all of the photos as digital media, you could choose the best ones and have a CD made and sell it.

If you have a CD read/write drive on your computer, you can create your own CD from all of the digital pictures. If not, there are different photo labs that can do it for you.

Monday, January 21, 2013 at 6:12 PM - Response #4

Thanks Kyle,
I'm getting really nervous about all this. But I'm ex cited as well. After the reunion I'll let you all know how it turned out and how a totally inexperienced (concerning computers and websites) old broad like me has been able to learn enough from all of you to pull this event off successfully.
It's been fun learning and laughing at myself too... especially about the backyard sharks in Hurricane Sandy.
Thanks for the photo information.
Barbara Very Happy

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.