ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Is there a Do Not Email field?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/05/22 01:39 AM Views: 3106 Replies: 4
Tuesday, April 5, 2022 at 1:39 AM

I sent an email to all the classmates for whom we had email addresses, announcing our website and our reunion which will be held in October. I plan to send out reminder emails every month or so. At some point I may get a response to the effect of, "I'm not interested, please stop emailing me". Is there a place I can keep a record of that and eliminate those people from future emails?

Richard Moore
Springfield PA, Class of 1972

Tuesday, April 5, 2022 at 4:29 AM - Response #1

At some point if you get a response to the effect of, "I'm not interested, please stop emailing me," you may ask the classmate to remove himself/herself from emails from an administrator by doing this: under Member Functions, click on Notify Me. Under "Notify me by email when ..." the classmate checks "Never" for "An administrator sends an email to all Classmates (strongly recommended.)"

If the classmate has not done this, when you email the class, you must deselect the classmate each time.

You may make a note under Admin Notes of the classmate's Details page that he/she does not wish to receive emails, but this is only a reminder to you and will play no part in not emailing the classmate.

Tuesday, April 5, 2022 at 9:51 AM - Response #2

Thank you.

Wednesday, August 3, 2022 at 8:00 PM - Response #3

I wish there was a way the admin could do this function for our members.

Wednesday, August 3, 2022 at 8:22 PM - Response #4

We are required to give individuals to right to update their own settings and not have them changed.We can't offer emails lists without providing those controls.

We are allowed to make the change for them at their request - if you are trying to assist them with changes you can email info@classcreator.com the changes they are needing and we can assist or you can walk them through by looking at your own Member Functions > Notify Me as your settings are almost the same and admin only items are labeled as admin only

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.