ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Does anyone use Windows Live Movie Maker?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/27/11 10:53 AM Views: 1191 Replies: 5
Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 10:53 AM

Like the question said....does anyone use this program?

I tried using it to add pictures/music with my reunion pictures but when I went to save it, I could only save it under one format which wouldn't let me upload it to YouTube so I could put it on my site.

Any suggestions?

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 11:11 AM - Response #1

youtube is the only 3rd party that I have used. Actually I tried 3 times and kept getting the message that video deleted because file too large (50minutes), almost gave up and finally read the advanced message. followed directions and all went smoothly.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 11:13 AM - Response #2

I did this and it can be seen on my home page. A couple of things I learned. Because I keep this "open" I did not use close up shots of individuals although there are a couple of groups. Other pictures are locked up to members only.

I created this is Windows Movie Maker. I added music from my own purchased Mp3 things. I thought I was able to do that. Apparently not. When finished I clicked the YouTube icon (assuming you already have a You Tube account and a Windows Live account)and uploaded it. It was about 14 minutes long so I went and cleaned the house. Took awhile.

After I did that, I found that the music I had chosen was disabled because of copyright issues. Some musicians will do that. But it uploaded anyway, I grabbed the "embed" code from You Tube and put it (silently) on my home page. Feel free to take a gander.

If I had uploaded it to the web site in the .wmv file it would have taken up about 40% of my vault. I may get more vault space eventually but not for this one thing!

Maybe someone else has a better idea. I learned a lot I did not know just through this process.

Denise

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 12:26 PM - Response #3

I'm going to try and directly link it from the movie maker site. Tried to upload it directly from the YouTube site and it wouldn't work and got an error message. Hopefully this will work.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 2:10 PM - Response #4

Denise...THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!
That worked perfectly!
Did I mention....THANK YOU!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zS6grUAMHbs

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 2:32 PM - Response #5

Jamie:
When I went to that you tube, it would not show because of copyright issues. Did you use something you shouldn't have?????

Denise

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.