ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Wide space on home page

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 08/15/12 01:37 PM Views: 1220 Replies: 5
Wednesday, August 15, 2012 at 1:37 PM

Hello,
Please check why there's wide space on the home page before announcements. No pixels wider than 380. Thanks.

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 at 3:51 PM - Response #1

If you're going to copy and paste content from other webpages, then you're going to have formatting problems like this. In future, paste the content into the Notepad application on your computer, then copy it from there and paste it into your page editor. This will remove all the troublesome formatting code, and then you can format it as you like after pasting it in.

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 at 11:36 PM - Response #2

Thanks Eric. Good idea.

Thursday, August 16, 2012 at 12:40 AM - Response #3

I copied and pasted from Word onto our home page and those viewing the homepage with a Mac see lots of white space whereas those viewing in IE see it normal. Does copying and pasting from Word create this white space problem too?

Thursday, August 16, 2012 at 1:06 AM - Response #4

Rhonda McClellan wrote:

I copied and pasted from Word onto our home page and those viewing the homepage with a Mac see lots of white space whereas those viewing in IE see it normal. Does copying and pasting from Word create this white space problem too?

Yes it does unless you either follow Eric's advise above or use the paste icon with the W on it at the top of the editor.

Thursday, August 16, 2012 at 2:47 PM - Response #5

Thanks for the info FC! I didn't even realize there was a Word paste icon there . . . have just been right clicking all this time. Always learning something new!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.