ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Remove Order Complete when paying by check?

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 01/21/11 08:24 PM Views: 1270 Replies: 5
Friday, January 21, 2011 at 8:24 PM

When someone chooses to PAY BY CHECK the resulting page reads "YOUR ORDER IS COMPLETE."

I want to change that. The order is not really complete until a check is received.

Can we change that message at the top of the page?

It needs to read something like, or some portion of:

"Your order is not complete yet. In order for this to be complete, you MUST send your payment to the address below. After doing so, the Treasurer will manually complete your order."

BTW, love this forum, and classcreator.com.

Sunday, January 23, 2011 at 6:49 PM - Response #1

Why thank you. Smile

Presently no verbiage on that page is changeable, however, can you tell me what you recommend specifically? We do show the address on the final page and remind the Classmate exactly where to send the check. Looking at that final page as a whole, it would be helpful if you tell me specifically what portions change. I'm not sure we want to make something stock like this editable, but we can definitely improve it and make it more clear.

Sunday, January 23, 2011 at 10:09 PM - Response #2

Brad:

Currently the first line on the resulting page in bold is:

ORDER COMPLETE

It should say:

ORDER WILL BE COMPLETE WHEN PAYMENT IS MADE IN FULL.

Then under that, it will have instructions to send a check as it does currently.

One more thing. I now have activated the PAYPAL option. When someone chooses that option it goes to the same resulting screen with the paypal button under it and instructions.

Here again instructions are clear, but instead of ORDER COMPLETE, it should read:

ORDER WILL BE COMPLETE WHEN PAYMENT IS MADE IN FULL

Then Instructions would follow.

Alternatively, you could just have the resulting page read:

FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS BELOW TO COMPLETE YOUR ORDER instead of Order Complete.

I think it will remove confusion for users - especially for those who do not do a lot of purchasing online - that they need to continue with payment either by check, or in another case like ours, clicking the paypal button.

Sunday, January 23, 2011 at 10:38 PM - Response #3

Yes we will change that. Please allow several days on this, as we're going to tweak this at the same time as uploading several other Reunion Planner improvements.

Thanks very much. This is helpful recommendation that will no doubt make it clearer to the end user that there is more to do.

Saturday, February 5, 2011 at 6:31 PM - Response #4

Thanks so much Dr. Phil and Brad. I just set up our reunion ticket purchase options and was struggling with how to handle this also. Attendees could register and never complete the transaction by sending the check - and cause an administrative nightmare!

Love this site!

Terri

Monday, February 7, 2011 at 4:15 AM - Response #5

Haven't had any issues with this, although I agree with the change in wording.

What I'd like more is that PayPal is fully integrated so it requires no further tracking - which is really what the object of the changes are all about. We do not know if the classmate actually has sent the money or completed PayPal. The first is not controllable, the 2nd is via code.

I would also like the form of payment to be accurately reflected in "Attendee Report" vs blank the last time I checked.

Both of these changes would simplify tracking payments.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.