ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Family Reunion Website Creator

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/29/08 10:12 PM Views: 2230 Replies: 15
Monday, September 29, 2008 at 10:12 PM

Do you all have anything to create family reunion websites?

Tuesday, September 30, 2008 at 12:07 AM - Response #1

We're actually going to copy Class Creator just like you see it now, and turn it into a family reunion system. There's quite a bit of reverse engineering necessary, so this will not be available until sometime next year. Rough guess April 2009, give or take a couple months.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008 at 12:18 AM - Response #2

This will be really cool. Can u please be sure to notify of this feature when ready!! You r the best.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008 at 1:58 AM - Response #3

Yes, we'll send a system wide email to announce that new product next year. Some of the features required for the family site aren't even in this system yet, such as thumbnail gallery layouts and things. Once we get through those items here, we'll be able to reverse engineer the system into a family system and and then notify everyone it's available.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008 at 2:22 PM - Response #4

In the meantime, try myfamily.com

Thursday, October 2, 2008 at 10:18 PM - Response #5

A Family Reuion Website Creator sounds great! I would be interested in this too. Maybe by the time you get this one created, I can get my high school web site down pat.

Friday, October 3, 2008 at 12:10 PM - Response #6

Oh please please please send this as a top item on your list. I just finished up my class reunion and now my family reunion is coming up next year around June/July. I mentioned to my family that we definitely need a family website to use to keep in touch and post news about the reunion.

You are making my day!

Monday, March 2, 2009 at 12:38 PM - Response #7

What is the ETA on the Family Reunion site? Could I register a domain and start creating my Family Reunion site through Class Creator?

Monday, March 2, 2009 at 2:24 PM - Response #8

Yes you can do that now. Two things to note:

1) After creating your site, click on Manage Classmates, and then click the Enter/Edit Classmates button. On that page you can change your link name from "Classmate Profiles" to "Family Members" or whatever else you want.

2) Also click your Preferences link, where you can use the "Classmates" global replace feature to replace instances of the word "Classmates" with "Family Members" instead.

Having said that, Class Creator is a Classmate system. Thus, you may find some limitations in building your family site that you won't find when we spin off the system into a true family system. It's too early to give an ETA on the family system, but I can tell you for sure that it will be some time still. We have significant work to do on Class Creator this year before we can get to the family system, and when we get there will also depend on how much additional staff we're able to bring on to assist this year. Busy busy.

Thursday, May 28, 2009 at 5:36 PM - Response #9

ETA? This is the first place I came to see if I could use CC for a family reunion. Are those of us grandfathered in able to create another site without charge or is it a whole new site under the new fees?

Thursday, May 28, 2009 at 5:59 PM - Response #10

We're wrapped up (swamped you could say) in the continual development of Class Creator, but a family system is in fact coming when we get to it. I'm trying to round up some private funding to make some things move faster.

I can't answer your question yet, we may actually change the model just a bit. For instance we might make it free for everyone, have some standard non obtrusive ads, and also offer subscription to remove ads and gain a few more features. Most social network systems have gone with a light ad model in order to offer the system free (Facebook, Myspace, etc.) We may well follow suit.

Thursday, December 15, 2011 at 10:29 PM - Response #11

Has the Family Reunion Website Creator been created yet? If so, I have a friend that is planning a family reunion and I wanted to refer her to the site. Thanks

Thursday, December 15, 2011 at 10:31 PM - Response #12

Nope, hasn't been created yet. Still waiting until ClassCreator 3.0 is finished.

Thursday, December 15, 2011 at 10:42 PM - Response #13

Any ETA of the ClassCreator 3.0 finishing. Looks like others have used the ClassCreator site for a family reunion before and were successful. I will refer her to the ClassCreator and provide the resources of the ones who have used the system for family reunion purposes. Thanks

Thursday, December 15, 2011 at 10:42 PM - Response #14

Any ETA of the ClassCreator 3.0 finishing. Looks like others have used the ClassCreator site for a family reunion before and were successful. I will refer her to the ClassCreator and provide the resources of the ones who have used the system for family reunion purposes. Thanks

Thursday, December 15, 2011 at 11:47 PM - Response #15

No ETA yet. Parts of ClassCreator 3.0 are being released already (there is the new content editor that was released around Thanksgiving).

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.