ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Resizing using the new Image Editor

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 06/25/15 11:15 AM Views: 856 Replies: 3
Thursday, June 25, 2015 at 11:15 AM

Our class just had its 50th Year Reunion this past weekend. I will be receiving numerous photos from different sources. I would like to create galleries with photos that are relatively uniform in size.

1. Do you have any suggested guidelines for size, dimension, etc.

2. Is there a description somewhere or would you explain how to use the Resize Option in the new editor? I have looked at it and what initially appears is a dimension (e.g. 300 X 800) and a lock symbol. Is that the current or the suggested size?

Thank you.

Thursday, June 25, 2015 at 1:59 PM - Response #1

Galleries used to have a maximum size of 1000 wide. Resize now only allows 800 wide which is TOO SMALL. This is probably an image editor setup value. This also means that any existing image that is resized is forced to be 800 max wide.Twisted Evil

The lock symbol is just to keep the width x height ratio the same no matter how it's resized. It's not the current image size (I think) but it's not working correctly so could not really test with other images.

Above info was from an existing image edit that was 1000 wide but it shows 800 in resize.

I can't upload any images right now to test nor can I save any changes - is stuck in a wait loop Exclamation

It "uploads" but nothing happens. If it still doesn't work in a few day, need to report in Bugs.

If the image editor is working for anyone (uploading or changing image/save), please post. I'm on FF 38.0.5 Win 8.1

Thursday, June 25, 2015 at 4:49 PM - Response #2

Hi Jack,

This is a variable. We upped it to 1200.

Unrelated to that change we had one other quick adjustment to the editor. Please try again if you were having upload issues.

Jessica

Thursday, June 25, 2015 at 5:14 PM - Response #3

Upload works now. thanks

Image Editor resize goes up to 1200 however, not sure it's actually saving (still stuck in wait loop). The saved (but actually not saved) image is still 1000 (same as uploaded which resized to 1000 .. always did that) in a gallery? Original image was 1600 x 1200.

Not different than before but would be nice for those with large monitors (a lot of my classmates have 24" + .. the eyes you know) and would like it. Not a big deal.

However, resizing to 800 did save. So over 1000 trips up the code.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.