ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Homepage too wide

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 02/25/09 11:00 PM Views: 1568 Replies: 8
Wednesday, February 25, 2009 at 11:00 PM

Hello, just wondering if someone can help me restore original homepage width? After I added a third party plugins the other night, my homepage got wacky and too wide, user needs to use the scroll bar back and forth to see and read message posted on the homepage... I'm not a technical person so I really need help to figure this out to fix it..

Anna

Wednesday, February 25, 2009 at 11:28 PM - Response #1

Hi Anna,

There was a long line of source code displaying on the page from countdownclockcodes.com. The code needs to be added by clicking on the Source button in the upper left corner of the editor for the home page. The source code displaying on the page did not look complete - if you want to add that clock back in you'll want to go back and get the original code again and paste it in under the source view.

Thursday, February 26, 2009 at 12:14 PM - Response #2

BRAVO!!! Thank you so much for the great support. What a tremendous help you guys are!!!

Again, THANK YOU..
Anna

Wednesday, March 4, 2009 at 6:49 PM - Response #3

Sorry to bother, but,,,I have what sounds like a similar issue.
My gray area has widened and partially covers the various boxes on the right.
I didn't think I had changed any of the annoucements, but must have done something.
I tried to shorten or re-format the lines, and move some items to the left, but to no avail.

Can you lend a hand?

Thank you !!
Gary

Wednesday, March 4, 2009 at 11:20 PM - Response #4

I'm not really sure what contributes to the changed on your homepage width as I'm not a technical person at all. Would someone be able to help out our friend here...Good luck Gary!

Wednesday, March 4, 2009 at 11:23 PM - Response #5

Hi Gary,

Try making all of the lines that separate your annouceents shorter - because they are a single line they do not wrap so they have to be shortened.

Thursday, March 5, 2009 at 8:42 AM - Response #6

Well, it turns out that it was the "Cube". I edited the source code and that did it.

Thanks to all !

Tuesday, March 17, 2009 at 9:17 PM - Response #7

I am having that same issue with the announcement section being too wide and covering up the logon boxes. What do I need to do to get this corrected?

Tuesday, March 17, 2009 at 9:48 PM - Response #8

You had a very long link to your alumni site database questions. I changed the wording for the link to "click here" and kept the link going to the same location.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.