ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

System is replacing email addresses

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/26/11 01:03 AM Views: 1618 Replies: 5
Saturday, November 26, 2011 at 1:03 AM

YWhen I enter details on a classmate, sometimes, my email address pops into the person's email field. This also appears to have happened when a co-admin entered data. His email ended up in her email field.

I have seen this on the Android OPS on my Samsung Galaxy S phone. I don't know about the co-admin's system yet.

I just corrected the second person's email address, and her address ended up in my email field.

This is crazy-making! It must be a bug!

Also, we do not want our names showing up in internet searches in relation to our site. How do we prevent this?

Thank you.

Regina

Saturday, November 26, 2011 at 10:39 AM - Response #1

Regina,

I think it is your BROWSER that is doing this for you. After all, it is a SMART PHONE (that is just a joke - no offense to smart phone owners). Some browsers (or toolbars on the browser) will auto-fill any form input fields on the website with your e-mail address. you would need to disable this "feature" from your browser and/or toolbar that is installed on your browser.

Our product doesn't do this, so it is something that is installed on your system.

If you go to Manage Classmates, Enter/Edit Classmates, then put in your e-mail address, it should tell you all of the classmates that have your e-mail address in their e-mail field. Repeat the process with your co-admin's e-mail address to see if you have the problem fixed.

Edited 11/26/11 10:41 AM
Thursday, December 1, 2011 at 2:28 AM - Response #2

Thanks, Kyle,

I was beginning to suspect my Dumb Phone. Cool

I'll just have to make myself sit down and use my laptop more often. Do you know if people find this kind of problem with tablets or iPads?

Thanks.
Regina

Thursday, December 1, 2011 at 8:14 AM - Response #3

Regina,

Sorry, I haven't heard about this problem with tablets or iPads. Maybe some of the other admins who use iPads or tablets will let you know.

Thursday, December 1, 2011 at 11:28 AM - Response #4

I just attempted editing a "lost classmate's" email address with a odd email address, with no trouble. I saved the change. Then went back into the record, and the odd email address was there. I removed the email address, and saved. The record was back correct.

I was using my iPad (version 1).

JohnB

Edited 12/01/11 11:30 AM
Wednesday, December 14, 2011 at 10:20 PM - Response #5

The programmer has a solution to this issue. Please try it again on your iPad to see if you still have the problem.

Thanks.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.