ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Message Forum

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/20/13 09:44 AM Views: 1212 Replies: 10
Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at 9:44 AM

I'm a novice with CC so forgive the simple question. A Classmate asked me to set up a place on our site where members could post comments and news so everyone could keep up with each other. Is Message Forum the best place to use? If so, do all class members get an e-mail every time someone posts a comment?
Thanks!
Judy Strother Flack
Paulgblazer72.com

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at 11:24 AM - Response #1

Use the User Forums, and you can have different topics of duscussion, and users can suscribe to topics independently and be emailed notice of new postings.

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at 11:38 AM - Response #2

Thank you very much!

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at 12:16 PM - Response #3

Several classmates have expressed interest in posting on our forums but are not sure which they ought to use. So they have asked what the difference is between the two forums, as far as use and posting appropriatness. From the Class Creator staff point of view, can you advise what I could tell them, please?

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at 12:30 PM - Response #4

The difference is that the Message Forum is a single conversation thread, with all posts in one line, sequenced in order of date posted.

The User Forums are a group of different conversations which are separated according to topic.

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at 12:31 PM - Response #5

Hello CC & everyone,

I searched the other day for an answer to my question but found none, although I could have simply missed seeing it. I want to move all of the postings (there are only 13) of the Message Forum into the applicable categories of the newer User Forum (I have titled Classmate Forums on my site). What would be the best method to do this? I would like to avoid it appearing as a posting of mine, but realize there may not be a way around that. I thought of doing a screenshot that would capture the DATE, MESSAGE, PICTURE and NAME of the original posting. I also thought of extracting (copying) the Source Code and attempting to repaste it. Has anyone tried either? Or is there a better way?
Once I am able to move them or copies of them to the User Forums, if I keep the Message Forum available I was considering repurposing as a guest book. So any comments or experience on that thought would be appreciated also.

Thanks and blessings!
Marla Bryan

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at 5:32 PM - Response #6

Eric B Bassey wrote:

The difference is that the Message Forum is a single conversation thread, with all posts in one line, sequenced in order of date posted.

The User Forums are a group of different conversations which are separated according to topic.

Thanks Eric.

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at 5:33 PM - Response #7

There is no mechanism to transfer the messages directly from the Message Forum to the User Forums, and if you copy and paste the source, all the postings will have your name on them.

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at 6:52 PM - Response #8

Marla - you might try this: Make up a new classmate with the name of JETS1981. Then use your email address and a different password to be that person. Now you can sign in as JETS1981, copy and paste the text from your Message Forum into the appropriate User Forum. It will show that JETS1981 posted (and there won't be a photo showing with the posts).

Be sure to edit the post with the person's name who actually made the original post by typing in on each one something like: "Posted on (date) by John Smith" or "Posted on (date) by Jane Doe, etc., etc.

Edited 02/20/13 6:53 PM
Thursday, February 21, 2013 at 8:53 PM - Response #9

Marla and Gary made me laugh. On TAP, there is a link in the left menu "Post, Discuss, Share in Forums". Click on it and you find CC's FAQs regarding the difference between the two. Mouse over the link and both show in a fly out menu. Wink

Excellent suggestion, Rhonda! Thanks!

Thursday, February 21, 2013 at 11:26 PM - Response #10

Hi Rhonda,
Thank you for your suggestion! Much appreciated!
~ Marla

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.