ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Event planner- check icon will not go away

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/04/18 09:04 AM Views: 590 Replies: 16
Friday, May 4, 2018 at 9:04 AM

Hello,
I'm using event planner for our upcoming reunion. We are only accepting cash at the door. However the 'check' icon also shows next to the dollar bill icon on the published page. It does not appear in the setup screens.

How can I delete that check icon?

http://www.ihsclassof1975.com/ep_event.cfm?EventID=8525

Thanks,
Phil Parcells, IHS class of 75

Friday, May 4, 2018 at 3:58 PM - Response #1

There is a programming bug keeping that active. I will have to report this to the programmer.

Friday, May 4, 2018 at 5:19 PM - Response #2

Hi Scott,
OK, thanks. Can you guys edit it out from your end?

Phil

Saturday, May 5, 2018 at 7:33 PM - Response #3

our site is down!

Saturday, May 5, 2018 at 10:22 PM - Response #4

I can access it ok.

Saturday, May 5, 2018 at 11:12 PM - Response #5

Phillip, something's definitely not right with your site. This is what I see (below) when I click on your site, in Chrome and Edge browser. Sorry, I have no ideas to help you.

Index of /

Name Last modified Size Description
cgi-bin/ 2018-05-04 18:44 -

Edited 05/05/18 11:13 PM
Sunday, May 6, 2018 at 12:57 AM - Response #6

Phil, did you make changes to your DNS settings for your domain name? From what I can tell they are incorrect and I do not understand why they would have been changed to the way they are.

Sunday, May 6, 2018 at 7:56 AM - Response #7

Hello - No, I didn't make any changes to DNS. (Frankly I don't even know how to do that!) The last change I made to the site itself was shortly before I sent the original message to this forum on the 4th. At the time the site was up and working fine.

Sunday, May 6, 2018 at 8:51 AM - Response #8

Just went to your site. Looks normal now.

Sunday, May 6, 2018 at 8:55 AM - Response #9

Hi Phil,

The domain is in a co-admins name. I changed the name servers back, however, you need to let Sharon know that changing the name servers disrupts the current configuration. If she changed it for a reason email me the details and I may be able to assist. Info@classcreator.com

Jessica

Sunday, May 6, 2018 at 8:57 AM - Response #10

It will take some time for the update to take hold. If you are not seeing the site check back in a bit

Sunday, May 6, 2018 at 9:30 AM - Response #11

Thank-you, it all looks good now.

Phil

Sunday, May 6, 2018 at 12:29 PM - Response #12

Jessica, I did check with Sharon, and she didn't make any changes to domain names. She just pays the bill, last paid for 5 years in 2015. Therefore, how could the domain name get changed?

Phil

Monday, May 7, 2018 at 11:34 AM - Response #13

Hi Phil,

Does she have anyone working with her who she provided the login details to?. The login ID was her ID and the Name Servers were changed. This is not something that someone unfamiliar with domains would typically do unless they were instructed to do so or had someone working with them who needed it changed for a specific reason. If she did not login and did not give out her login and password to someone she works with to login then she should change her password immediately.

Jessica

Monday, May 7, 2018 at 2:07 PM - Response #14

Jessica,
Sharon is the treasurer for our class. She isn't technical. I am the only technical person on the team. And I don't have the login info. I'll tell Sharon to change the password. She probably does logon once every 5 years to pay the bill!

I hate to use the "H" word, but could this have been hacked? Or a hack attempt?
Phil

Monday, May 7, 2018 at 2:15 PM - Response #15

Not likely. Either way, at this point the domain name is working as expected. You can have her update the password to be safe.

Monday, May 7, 2018 at 2:16 PM - Response #16

OK, good. Thanks!
Phil

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.