ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

E MAILS

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/03/11 05:52 PM Views: 2082 Replies: 20
Wednesday, August 3, 2011 at 5:52 PM

I have been sending alot of invites to classmates to join the website....suddenly I have to put in a five digit code EVERY time I want to send an e mail...

What is that all about...(besides being a real pain)

JIM

Wednesday, August 3, 2011 at 11:33 PM - Response #1

Testing your memory. Sorry couldn't resist.Twisted Evil

Sounds like it thinks you are a spammer. CC needs to tune this a bit.Rolling Eyes

Thursday, August 4, 2011 at 10:38 AM - Response #2

Hey Jack, if it is testing my memory it is winning!!!!!

I guess I will have to wait for CC to move on it!

Thanks....JIM

Edited 08/04/11 10:39 AM
Thursday, August 4, 2011 at 12:07 PM - Response #3

Hi Jim,

If you go to this site it will tell you your IP address. Add the IP back to this post or if you prefer email it to info@classcreator.com and I'll check to see if its on the list.

http://whatismyipaddress.com/

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Sunday, August 14, 2011 at 6:25 PM - Response #4

I still do not have a resoution to this issue. In addition, now I cannot "E mail the class"

Can any one out there give me some suggestions...

JIM

Sunday, August 14, 2011 at 6:36 PM - Response #5

Jim,

I need more information. I just went into your site and sent a test email from you to you. I did not have to type in the captcha nor did I have any trouble sending the email. So I need to know exactly where you're experiencing a problem (i.e. tell me the exact steps you're taking inside the email system until the point of trouble). FYI our system screens for spam in many areas. If anything triggers the spam filter you do have to type in the captcha. It shouldn't come up every time though. It's a small price to pay for the safety and security of the overall system. Right now I think we have a very nice balance that allows very little spam mail to get through. In cases where a real email triggers the captcha at least since you're a real human being you can type in the code and still send out your email.

Sunday, August 14, 2011 at 7:02 PM - Response #6

Hey Brad....how's the family? you must be read for another one by now......

Well issue 1. Every time I send an e mail to a classmate......I get a message that I must verify my account and then enter a 5 digit security code....
We are doing alot of recruting and we have several major announcements we had to get out and this started after a day of sending invitec....very irrating...

Issure 2. I was trying for about 3 days to "E mail the class" and the system would not let me. Everytime I tried to either send a test to me or send to the class the system seemed to lock up and nothing would happen.....I could not even save a draft.

Jessica was on this for a day or two but the problems still exist. Although I have not tried to e mail the entire class in a day or three, I still had to enter the 5 digit codes today...

It appears that I did get a test from you....today

JIM

Sunday, August 14, 2011 at 7:18 PM - Response #7

Brad.....I just e mailed the class and it seems to be working fine today....I drafted a message....sent a test to me...got it so I sent on to class and it went through ok

The 5 digit security issue is still going on....

JIM

Monday, August 15, 2011 at 1:23 PM - Response #8

NB: The external IP checker site link should be http://whatismyip.org NOT http://whatismyipaddress.com/

Monday, August 15, 2011 at 1:28 PM - Response #9

There are various addresses to check IPs.

Jessica's (http://whatismyipaddress.com/ ) works and so does http://whatismyip.com and yours

Edited 08/15/11 1:30 PM
Monday, August 15, 2011 at 1:39 PM - Response #10

I checked all three addresses for IP and it is the same on all of them....what does this do form me now that I know this....
J

Edited 08/15/11 1:45 PM
Monday, August 15, 2011 at 4:05 PM - Response #11

Jim, would you please let us know what the IP address is that you're posting from. If you don't want to post it in the forums, you can email me at eric@classcreator.com

By the way, I just use and recommend the http://whatismyip.org tool because it uses the minimum of bandwidth to return the desired information.

Monday, August 15, 2011 at 6:11 PM - Response #12

You are the third person in just over two weeks to start something on this issue and still nothing is happening. If nothing can be done then I guess I will just have to live with it but I just want to know one way or the other.

JIM

Monday, August 15, 2011 at 6:54 PM - Response #13

Eric B Bassey wrote:

By the way, I just use and recommend the http://whatismyip.org tool because it uses the minimum of bandwidth to return the desired information.

True, but it's Very Confusing to just see a string of numbers. Bandwidth is secondary to clarity of information. The other sites not only list the IP but also give extra information.

I suggest that for those reasons to recommend the others. Bandwidth is not much of an issue today.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 at 12:59 PM - Response #14

Jim,

First, let's deal with the captcha (the five-digit code you have to enter). Our system is designed to trigger this requirement if it looks like someone has set up a system to spam classmates in any sort of automated fashion. It requires manual interaction in order to assure that the sender is human. The patterns which trigger this response are ever-evolving in order to keep up with the tools and tricks used by spammers. We sincerely apologize for the hassle, but as Brad said above, we are doing our best to maintain a good balance between ease of use for admins and quality of experience (spamlessness) for classmates.

If you are still having trouble with the filters, it would help us to know if you are repeatedly sending the same or substantially similar messages to classmates, and what the content of those messages might be. Otherwise we may be unable to assist you with this issue.

With regard to the "Email the Class" feature, please let us know if this feature is still not working for you, and we'll try tracking that down as a separate issue.

I hope this explanation makes sense and helps put things into proper perspective.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 at 1:09 PM - Response #15

As i have stated....the E mail the class issue is and has been working now. Thank you.

Yes I am sending the same message to a number of classmates....Weekly Invitations to join the website VIA the website..(app 50 of them each week)....apparently we can only send one a week before it sees us as a spammer....Sorry for the error on my part....

Is there any way to correct the issue at this time...again, if not I will just live with it....

J

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 at 1:56 PM - Response #16

Given the basic pattern of your emails, the result of altering the filter to bypass the captcha for you would be to allow a lot more spam which uses the same relatively straightforward approach. Ergo, I'm afraid it is a "just live with it" situation. You may wish to try creative variations of your invitation, such as including positive remarks from classmates who have already signed up, referencing distinctive and attractive features of the site you've built, or trying individual appeals based on the particular interests of the classmates you're trying to attract and how the site might help them further those interests.

Best of luck!

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 at 2:17 PM - Response #17

I am using the site generated invite.

You know...I click their name in the profile, enter the email and click send....not much I can do to alter the content...

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 at 2:53 PM - Response #18

Ahh, but you CAN alter that content!

Under "Admin Functions" click on "Preferences" and scroll down.Under "Automatic Emails" you'll see "Missing Classmate Invitation" next to a checkbox. In this area, you can customize the invite email that goes out via the method you've been using. After you edit it, be sure to click the checkbox to use the email text you've edited.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 at 3:19 PM - Response #19

AHHHH you guys are good!

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 at 3:19 PM - Response #20

AHHHH you guys are good! We'll see if that helps...

Edited 08/17/11 3:20 PM
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.