ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Wish list: Classmate name in browser title

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 11/18/08 10:22 AM Views: 1275 Replies: 5
Tuesday, November 18, 2008 at 10:22 AM

Minor wish, include the classmate name in the browser title when viewing the classmate's profile. This allows easier identification of the shortcut if a profile is saved to bookmarks/favorites.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 at 11:40 AM - Response #1

Hi Bill,

You can actually insert the classmate's name in the first line where the URL is located in the bookmark/favorite box that you get when you first click on "Bookmark This Page"
You can even go back and change any you have already saved as a URL. Just right click on the URL in your bookmarks that you want to change and choose properties, then type the classmate's name in place of the URL you see there, but from now on just change the URL you see in "blue" to the classmate's name. It will not change where the book mark goes.Smile

Edited 11/18/08 11:51 AM
Tuesday, November 18, 2008 at 1:50 PM - Response #2

Bill James wrote:

Minor wish, include the classmate name in the browser title when viewing the classmate's profile. This allows easier identification of the shortcut if a profile is saved to bookmarks/favorites.

It already does that Bill. It's always done that. Please take another look.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 at 1:55 PM - Response #3

Thanks. I was thinking from the point of view of server side code to set the title attribute when the page is served. Now that I look at this a little closer, this is being done for classmates who have activated their profile, as well as In Memory classmates. Perhaps it is a policy decision to not do that for classmates who have not activated their profile.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 at 1:56 PM - Response #4

Brad Switzer wrote:

Bill James wrote:

It already does that Bill. It's always done that. Please take another look.

I mislead myself because this doesn't happen for classmates who have not activated their profile. No big deal.

Edited 11/18/08 2:05 PM
Tuesday, November 18, 2008 at 2:07 PM - Response #5

Actually that's a very good idea. People often Google their own name just to see what's out there, and adding the name there could help Missing Classmates find the site. Thanks for the tip, we'll do that.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.