ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Fundraiser announcement

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 09/29/08 05:43 PM Views: 1617 Replies: 9
Monday, September 29, 2008 at 5:43 PM

How do I put a topic (Fundraiser) to the left of my page where the suveys go? I had to put it under announcements because I couldn't figure it out.

Monday, September 29, 2008 at 6:24 PM - Response #1

Tracy,

You need to go into "edit site pages", then click on "customizable link" (what ever one is still avaialable). At this page, you will name the link...in your case FUNDRAISER. Below that is an area which you can type in whatever you chose about your fundraiser. Hit save changes and it should show up on the right just like your classmate profiles and surveys are.
Hope this helps!

Lucy Cielocha Smile

Monday, September 29, 2008 at 10:10 PM - Response #2

You can also put a PayPal donate button on your fundraiser page if you want. If you want to do that you:

1) Go to PayPal.com and log in
2) Under Merchant Tools select Buy Now buttons
3) Create a Donate button and copy the code PayPal gives you
4) Return to your donate page and press the Source button in the uppper left corner
5) Paste your code
6) Save your page

Your Classmates can now make online donations.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008 at 12:21 AM - Response #3

Thanks for the tips. I was able to set up the fundraiser link and I might do the paypal thing. I love this site. My classmates and really impressed.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008 at 10:21 PM - Response #4

Hey Tracy! That text on your Fundraiser page looks strangely familiar! Wink Just a tip for you ... about 70% of my payments / donations / sponsorships came via Paypal ... it will be worth it to add that to your page, along with different sponsorship levels on your reunion registration page. We have passed the $1,000 mark--almost to $1500 total raised just from my classmates!

Edited 09/30/08 10:44 PM
Monday, October 6, 2008 at 11:49 AM - Response #5

I hope that you don't mind that I copied your format for the fundraiser from you page. I am not very creative.

Monday, October 6, 2008 at 2:55 PM - Response #6

Oh, absolutely, I don't mind at all! That's what these forums are for! I'm glad you were able to use that and I hope it's working for you. We just had our reunion this past weekend and it was WONDERFUL! HUGE SUCCESS! Very Happy

Saturday, October 11, 2008 at 11:07 PM - Response #7

Your web site is great. You gave me some good ideas. I love the poll! I'm trying to come up with ways to jazz my site up and keep people excited and engaged. Thanks for the tips!

Sunday, October 12, 2008 at 1:28 PM - Response #8

Pamela,
If you were talking about my site, thanks! I've spent a lot of (probably too much) time working on it. It's a labor of love (and frustration sometimes!). My classmates love it! Now's the hard part trying to keep everybody engaged and participating ... I'm sure the chat forum (once it is launched) will help tremendously. I know there are third party chats, but I didn't want to start something, and then lose all of it when Class Creator develops their own. So, I figured they won't miss what they don't know about!Wink

Michelle

Edited 10/12/08 1:44 PM
Thursday, May 6, 2010 at 2:06 AM - Response #9

Hello Michelle,

Noted some of your great website ideas when looking up fund-raising and sponsors on the forum! I also really liked your Privacy Policy/FAQ page. I hope you don't mind if I borrow from you.

Thank you for sharing your great ideas and website with us all!

Sincerely,

Nadia

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.