ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Building a Band Website

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 08/26/10 04:11 PM Views: 1334 Replies: 3
Thursday, August 26, 2010 at 4:11 PM

Hi Brad, I am the Band Photographer for the University of Wisconsin Marching Band. I'm wondering if I could use ClassCreator for maintaining a Badger Band Website.
Have this year 2010 Badger Band, next year 2011, then 2012 and so forth.
Have the student, with their photo, listed by the section they are in, such as Clarinet, Saxophone, Trumpet, Trombone, Tuba, Percussion.
Have a section for Directors, Field Assistants, Band Staff and etc.
Photo Gallery, have pictures taken at the season football games and any other special events.
Before I go any further, do you think something like this would work?
I have a class website, dodgeville61.com.

Thursday, August 26, 2010 at 4:58 PM - Response #1

Hi Gary,

i was just over in your neck of the woods a couple of weeks ago. Up north in Hayward anyway. Yes, I think the system will work well for the Badger band. We'll have to get the "make your own icon" system in place so you can identify the sections like you're desiring. A variety of new designs that can be better customized are coming over time too, so you should be able to do some things with the design unique to the band.

We'll need to talk more about what you envision for sections for Directors, Field Assistants, Band staff etc. If it's just creating those delineations we can probably accommodate that, let me know what you envision there.

Have you played around with the Gallery Creator feature? It should work fine for creating photo galleries. With your plans you'll likely run out of File Vault space. This was never a problem until just recently, but people have begun to run out of File Vault space regularly. I'm thinking of creating a new Subscription level for $179 a year with 500% more File Vault space and actual POP3 email boxes as well so people can send class wide (in this case band wide) email from the email address of their choosing. That plan will make a lot more sense for you if that fits with your budget.

This sounds like a great venture and Class Creator would very much like to be involved.

Thursday, August 26, 2010 at 5:34 PM - Response #2

Brad, Thanks for getting back so fast. We have a website www.badgerband.com that is run by a student band member, it takes too long for something to get up on the web site. She has to do a lot of work to do to get pictures on the web site. I take photos download them onto my computer and would like to get them on web asap , it takes her a week to 10 days to get them up. Band parents love to look at the website to look for their kids.
If you look at badgerband.com to get an idea of what I might be interested in. Don't have to have everything the same.
I realize that our student webmaster is a STUDENT and has more important things, than working on our band website. I think once we would get a site set up with you, I and a couple staff members could be administrators.
We would want as much file vault as we could get, $$ amount would be fine or what ever $$'s needed.

Thursday, August 26, 2010 at 5:37 PM - Response #3

Gary,
That is a tremendous idea.
I'm going to throw the same idea at my alma mater's director!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.