ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Adding faculty to single year sites

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 03/30/10 12:49 PM Views: 1473 Replies: 2
Tuesday, March 30, 2010 at 12:49 PM

I asked about adding faculty, and received this response: "On single class year sites the best approach is to add them as displaying Guest Members, you are correct. On multi year sites we have a Teacher Profiles feature, so anyone running a multi year site you'd want to add teacher info there, including info for any teachers who are deceased."

Please consider adding this functionality to single year sites... why would faculty listing be limited to multi-year sites?

Thanks

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 at 4:17 PM - Response #1

Because there's plenty of schools here who have up to 20 different class years all on Class Creator. Imagine 20 different single year sites all asking their teacher, Mr. Smith, to join the site. You'd drive Mr. Smith absolutely crazy as he attempts to create and maintain 20 different accounts. There's a bunch of gigantic threads in this forum from the past about this if you want to read them, but the bottom line is we need to create a "teacher repository" (some better name to come) where teachers can join only 1 time and all single year classes here can share the same data. Just who controls that data, how the teacher Profiles look and what is asked, etc. remains to be worked out. All single year classes on the system might have to select 1 person responsible for this.

We've had that planned for awhile now but there seems to be a regular list of things we consider higher priority, such as the upcoming Instant Messaging system we're finalizing now. We will get to the teacher repository but it'll still be awhile on that one.

Edited 03/30/10 4:18 PM
Friday, April 22, 2011 at 7:43 PM - Response #2

I understand what you mean but it would be left up to the teacher if he or she wants to join all the single sites. My site would benefit from the teacher profile on our single site.

Edited 04/22/11 7:44 PM
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.