ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Cannot View Past Backups

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 12/15/11 09:52 PM Views: 1768 Replies: 7
Thursday, December 15, 2011 at 9:52 PM

I was working on additions to home page, and noticed everything was gone that was normally on home page. When I click view past backups I get a exclamation mark and can go no farther. I would like to get website back up and running. Would it be possible for someone to check it out for me. I have the homepage password protected for the time being, but willing to open it up for help. Thanks,

Thursday, December 15, 2011 at 10:16 PM - Response #1

are you saying you want the backup before the birthdays?

Friday, December 16, 2011 at 9:28 AM - Response #2

Yes, I actually wanted to go back before I had the birthday graphic.

Friday, December 16, 2011 at 9:31 AM - Response #3

I have restored the home page before the birthday image.

Friday, December 16, 2011 at 9:42 AM - Response #4

Thanks so much for the help, you all are great there. Could you give me a clue as to what I had done, so as to avoid it in the future?

Friday, December 16, 2011 at 10:02 AM - Response #5

Without seeing the steps you are doing, I don't even know what to guess. Maybe you can try it with a different browser (use Firefox if you normally use Internet Explorer) and see if you don't have a problem with the new browser. That would narrow it down to a browser issue.

Saturday, December 17, 2011 at 6:36 AM - Response #6

It seems to have been a browser issue. Changed to Firefox and back working. Thanks for your help!

Saturday, December 17, 2011 at 8:20 AM - Response #7

One other suggestion. Sometimes when Internet Explorer has a problem, you can turn on Compatibility View Mode and that fixes the problem.

Here is how to turn on Compatibility View Mode:
Try selecting the "Tools" menu on the upper portion of your browser window. If you don't see "Compatibility Mode" there, or don't see the Tools menu, then try hitting the F12 key on your keyboard. If you do see "Compatibility Mode" click on it to enable that feature, and it should fix the problem.

If you've hit the F12 key, then look for the text that says "Browser Mode:" (a menu in the new panel that comes up) and click on that. It should bring up a menu on which you can click "Internet Explorer 8" to fix the problem. Make sure that after you click on it, the part where it says "Browser Mode:" is followed by "Internet Explorer 8". The page will reload, and then you can close the Developer Tools portion and go back to using your site.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.