ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

how do I download my file vault

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/04/22 08:11 PM Views: 364 Replies: 5
Wednesday, May 4, 2022 at 8:11 PM

I want to download my file vault to allow me to delete and reduce the vault contents

Wednesday, May 4, 2022 at 8:38 PM - Response #1

I don't know that there is a way to download the file vault contents in one step. I believe files there can only be dealt with one at a time.

Edited 05/05/22 11:07 AM
Wednesday, May 4, 2022 at 10:37 PM - Response #2

The last time this question came up years ago, Kyle posted {HERE} that the version of the Editor we use included a plug-in option to download the file vault contents as a zip - but that option was not compatible with the programming language (Cold Fusion) that all the original CC programs were written in. That was back in 2016, but as far as I know, that's still true.

The version of the editor we use now is obsolete, but it's very possible that newer versions would introduce even more incompatible problems.

Thursday, May 5, 2022 at 11:30 AM - Response #3

Darleen --- If, as F. C. Bock says, you're only allowed to delete files one at a time, I'd consider that a safety feature built in to the system, so you don't inadvertently delete a large number of files at once. I'm happy to have that feature.

How many images do you have in your file vault that you wish to delete? We have 4171 files (images) in total. Periodically, I delete images one at a time.

Edited 05/05/22 12:45 PM
Thursday, May 5, 2022 at 1:55 PM - Response #4

Thanks for chiming in Scott. I've been working with Doreen, so I hope she replies here. Doreen is ultimately trying to reduce the size of her File Vault as she is getting near her limit. Not sure if she has looked into the cost of making their vault bigger. I think it should be minimal?

Other suggestions would be helpful.

Thursday, May 5, 2022 at 3:29 PM - Response #5

If one is will to manually manage links, there are several ways to get more storage for free. Let the imagination free.

Outside storage is actually extremely inexpensive. AWS (the same one CC uses) gives you 5GB for pennies if you don't have much bandwidth. I use that for all the MP3s we have. Honest, costs me pennies. I'm not exaggerating. I do have to manually type in the links and upload.

The "deals" CC has every now and then should be the regular deal. IDEA. Cost has been reduced enormously in 12 years.

That said, stacking downloads residing in the vaults sounds like an interesting project. There are other ideas that may or may not work here.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.