ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Class Creator Websites Down

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/23/18 01:31 AM Views: 1364 Replies: 21
Saturday, June 23, 2018 at 1:31 AM

Websites have been down for hours. Not good when individuals are trying to register for a reunion.

Reference:
The service is unavailable.
HTTP Status 503 - Request timed out waiting to execute

type Status report

message Request timed out waiting to execute

description The requested service is not currently available.
Apache Tomcat/7.0.54

Edited 06/23/18 1:42 AM
Saturday, June 23, 2018 at 2:02 AM - Response #1

This seems to be a weekly, if not more often, occurrence. I've noticed it happening Friday nights into Saturday morning recently. I'm finally able to get into this forum. Now going to try and send out an e-mail to the class. Our registration deadline is July 14, so we can't afford these server problems.

Unable to e-mail the class, post an announcement or view the links on the Event Planner dashboard.

Edited 06/23/18 2:13 AM
Saturday, June 23, 2018 at 2:14 AM - Response #2

Joe, you are right. We sent out a notice to classmates with a financial incentive to register for a reunion today and tomorrow. A number of them have been trying to register tonight but, of course, could not. Not good!

Saturday, June 23, 2018 at 2:19 AM - Response #3

Not good at all, Phil. Our numbers aren't what I had hoped they would be and if any of that is because classmates can't get on the site to register, I will not be a happy camper.

Saturday, June 23, 2018 at 2:27 AM - Response #4

I sometimes wonder what's going on with CCs systems. I've been in the IT business for a long time and have seldomly seen the frequency of system issues (mail server) that CC seems to encounter.

Sunday, June 24, 2018 at 2:19 PM - Response #5

Since yesterday Website keeps crashing in spite of clearing cache & browser. Classmates are frustrated & giving up logging on

Sunday, June 24, 2018 at 2:29 PM - Response #6

Elena, did the issue just start yesterday? Friday afternoon/night was a real problem but we have seen good performance since Saturday morning.

Sunday, June 24, 2018 at 2:45 PM - Response #7

Phil,
It started Friday thru today.
I’m having no problem logging on to other websites and the same goes for my classmates. How many times can we email the class with a promise things will soon be back to normal?

Sunday, June 24, 2018 at 3:01 PM - Response #8

Yep, you are right. At the end of March when the system was down/up/down/up/down for an extended period of time I made the mistake of sending two of those "everything is now ok" messages to the class. We saw how well that turned out.

Monday, June 25, 2018 at 2:53 PM - Response #10

I don't see a response from Class Creator on this topic. What is it, please?

Monday, June 25, 2018 at 3:43 PM - Response #11

There was a temporary issue on Friday night that did not effect all users, only a percentage of them. That issue was resolved that same evening / overnight.

Monday, June 25, 2018 at 6:00 PM - Response #12

What is the anticipated wait time for a class email to go out? I sent one last week that took over 12 hours to post. I am sending another today and sent a test message to myself, which has yet to be delivered. It's been over an hour. Is this typical?

Monday, June 25, 2018 at 6:28 PM - Response #13

Scott - most of our classmates access our website using devices: smartphones & tablets. Beginning last Friday and today, we receive an error message:
“A problem repeatedly occurred...” scrolling isn’t an option. Today it took hours to add scant amount of content. I am not receiving Forum posts unless I log in.
Clearing cache & browser doesn’t help or restarting devices. This error message doesn’t occur on other websites. Our Stats are painfully low compared with days, weeks and months ago. I’ve emailed the class but am concerned my classmates are weary of receiving excuses. Can you please provide a statement assuring classmates what’s going on. My inbox is filled with questions I cannot honestly answer. Thank you

Edited 06/25/18 6:30 PM
Tuesday, June 26, 2018 at 1:39 PM - Response #15

In the nicest way possible here’s my followup:
This morning my IT checked all my devises on site and on PC. The devices received annoying error message and scrolling wasn’t possible. Accessing website on PC worked fine. Usually, I’m not near a PC or Mac. IT claims there was a bad code for website causing devices to basically crash. Everything seems fine now and I did nothing to my devices which can now access website incl scrolling. Tried to call CC a few times late AM & received voicemail.
As an Admin who has a full time career, surely like others, to maintain our websites it is helpful knowing if there’s a CC internal problem. Yesterday I spent too many hours attempting to post website content to no avail. Speaking for myself: CC please alert Admin when there’s a problem affecting our various websites. We should all be working together. I was attempting and worked in the dark for sev’l days without any success. Mid morning today, our website miraculously became easy to navigate using devices. Hopeful this post will remain & not be deleted.

Tuesday, June 26, 2018 at 2:01 PM - Response #16

"IT claims there was a bad code for website causing devices to basically crash." I am not aware of any such code issues. What I do know is that we had to do a series of resets and fix one of our website instances on Friday evening. At times, when a member of a site visits a site during a temporary outage, their device may cache the temporary down page. I have received no other reports of being able to access the site via a PC, but not from a mobile device. I have tested via phone and iPad and have not run into any issues that would duplicate the experience you are reporting. Again, we have NOT made any programming updates that would accommodate for mobile devices.

Tuesday, June 26, 2018 at 3:45 PM - Response #17

Thanks, Scott.

Tuesday, June 26, 2018 at 5:48 PM - Response #18

Scott, left 3 Voicemail’s - please give me a call

Wednesday, June 27, 2018 at 1:08 PM - Response #20

Scott, thanks for calling. Have a Happy Fourth!

Wednesday, June 27, 2018 at 3:08 PM - Response #21

You're welcome. You have a great holiday as well!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.