ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Page Sizes

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/08/10 01:22 PM Views: 1929 Replies: 10
Monday, February 8, 2010 at 1:22 PM

I created a Nostalgia page to place various photos from our Yearbooks and pictures of buildings, etc. from our town 60 years ago. In placing them on the Nostalgia page, I pushed many of them completely off of the page. At least they are gone. Is there a way to lengthen/increase the size of this webpage?

Monday, February 8, 2010 at 2:40 PM - Response #1

Hi Dale, how many nostalgia pictures are there supposed to be? I counted 12 and the code in the "content" section of the page shows 12 filenames.

Monday, February 8, 2010 at 3:30 PM - Response #2

There is UNLIMITED vertical size on a webpage. you can make it as long as you want. The classmates would just need to use the scroll bars.

I did notice that you have a bunch of BLANK SPACES at the end of the Nostalgia page. To get rid of these, just edit he contents and select the blank lines and then press the DELETE key.

Monday, February 8, 2010 at 3:37 PM - Response #3

My wife, Dale and I went to the same High School and so have the same logo, but hers is from 65 and mine from 60. Anyway, the 12 photos you see on the Nostalgia page, are some of the about 20 I entered last evening. When I started, entering the new ones, there about 12 or so, already on the page. So, not only did I lose the 12, but probably another 8 of the 20 I entered. Therefore, I assume there is only a very limited amount of space on this page.

So, the first question is, is the available space really that limited? If so, do you know if I would have better luck trying to use the Gallery Creator. I have no experience with this page, and would apprecieate any info on the capabilities of the page and how to use it. Edd

Monday, February 8, 2010 at 3:51 PM - Response #4

Edd, both you and Dale have a Nostalgia page. Your page has 20 photos, hers has 12. You aren't confusing the two of them, are you?

When you say you uploaded the photos, are you saying "I uploaded them to MY website or DALE's website".

Was it YOU (Edd) who entered this problem description using Dale's forum login? If so, we have no way of knowing that.

Monday, February 8, 2010 at 4:12 PM - Response #5

Sorry for the confusion, I had a problem with my site the other day and went on the Forum to get help, using her site. My problem got fixed, so I hope not to have to do that again.

The Nostalgia page I am referring to is mine in the 60, 61 Classes Reunion site. I had 12 of 15 photos on my Nostalgia page last evening when I decided to add another 20 (slow evening). I added the table space at the top of the other photos and began filling in the rows of the table with photos. Everything seemed to go in OK, so I Saved the changes, and left the site. I didn't find out until this morning that the original 12 to 15 photos were missing. Therefore, I do not really know if it was something that happened while I was entering the photos, or the page just isn't expandable to the number and size of files that I entered. Previously, I have entered large photos of the entire graduating classes, and they also disappeared. I just thought it was because they were too large, but I also thought that when a photo is entered that is too large, the site automatically reduces its size so that it fits.

Monday, February 8, 2010 at 4:23 PM - Response #6

OK, so the 1960s website.

When I edit Site Pages, Nostalgia, I can see the different PAGE BACKUP HISTORIES. I can click on TUESDAY January 26th and I see a couple of photos, then a big ELVIS poster, some boys in hula skirts, Rayfords Garage, etc.

When I click on the CURRENT VERSION, I see some Hawaiian scenes, and other yearbook pages.

I don't know how or why the one section got deleted because I don't know the keystrokes you used, but if you want, I can paste the TUESDAY January 26th to the top or bottom of the Current Version. Let me know if you want TOP or BOTTOM.

Monday, February 8, 2010 at 5:11 PM - Response #7

I wish I knew what I did also, but so be it. If you would, please attach the Tuesday photos, etc. to the top of the ones I entered last evening.

So, you are saying that I didn't run out of space, I just must have miskeyed somehow? Thank you in advance for the help. Edd

Monday, February 8, 2010 at 5:18 PM - Response #8

OK, it is done.

I noticed one photo must have been deleted or has the wrong link. It shows up as an X symbol.

Glad you had PAGE BACKUPS or they would have been lost.

Monday, February 8, 2010 at 6:10 PM - Response #9

Thanks Kyle. Who knows? I guess there is a size limit to photos that can be uploaded to these sub pages and the software does not actually resize the photos to fit?

Thursday, February 18, 2010 at 4:56 PM - Response #10

Dale - love your all my favs link. I am going to steal that idea!

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.