ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Music

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 09/29/08 10:19 AM Views: 1510 Replies: 13
Monday, September 29, 2008 at 10:19 AM

How do I put the music box on my home page where when someone pulls up our web site themusic will play auto. In other words how do i place it on the home page ? thanks scott

Monday, September 29, 2008 at 11:53 AM - Response #1

Once you create your playlist. . . click to get the code (button is usually near the add to my space etc..) , then copy it and go to edit pages, select homepage, hit source and paste it whereever you want it on your homepage. I hope that helps you out.
Jeryl~

Friday, October 3, 2008 at 7:46 PM - Response #2

We just got our class website online and I was wanting to do the auto music thing but I'm not sure I understand how to go about getting it on the site. Are you saying you imported music from your myspace website(which I know nothing about) to your class website or is there another way to do it?

Friday, October 3, 2008 at 9:06 PM - Response #3

Instructions for embedding Playlist.com players:

1) Click FAQs above
2) Click Questions About Building Your Site
3) Read Question #13

Saturday, October 4, 2008 at 5:59 PM - Response #4

Thanks for the info. It works great except for one thing. Every time you go back to the home page it plays the same song. How do you put it on random play?

Saturday, October 4, 2008 at 6:17 PM - Response #5

Do you have it off temporarily? Make sure you put in more than 1 song. It should random play them.

Saturday, October 4, 2008 at 6:43 PM - Response #6

I figured out how to fix it but now I have a bigger problem. When I put my playlist back on our home page to fix the problem I forgot to take the pixels below 300 and it has changed the format of our homepage and pushed everything down to the bottom leaving the middle of our homepage blank. I have since removed the playlist player but how do I get our home page back to the way it was?

Saturday, October 4, 2008 at 7:33 PM - Response #7

Never try to position objects on your page using your space bar. I removed all the hard spaces from your page. To learn how to take care of this problem yourself next time, please see this thread.

Sunday, October 5, 2008 at 2:10 PM - Response #8

Thanks for your help. Before I try again, I have a few questions. The edit functions say to click your mouse on the exact spot where you want to embed your file but I never saw the cursor when I clicked. That is the reason I used the space bar to take the cursor to the bottom right and was not aware of the hard space problem. The 2nd time I tried to position my playlist at the bottom right of page where I wanted it, it went right under the announcements at the top. My question is "How do I position it at the bottom right? Will right justify do this? Or is there more to it than that?

Sunday, October 5, 2008 at 2:58 PM - Response #9

Providing you are down far enough on your page to get past your right hand modules, here's a little tip:

1) Copy your Playlist Player code

2) Click the right jutify button and then type in some text you can identify, such as PLAYLIST PLAYER HERE

3) Now click the Source button, and in your code look for your text PLAYLIST PLAYER HERE. It will already have the right alignment code on it because you did that in step 1.

4) Now highlight PLAYLIST PLAYER HERE with house mouse and delete it. Then paste in your Playlist Player code at that exact spot.

Now, you don't have very much content, so you're not going to be far enough down on the page to put your Playlist player after the right hand modules. So here's one final little tip. If you put this exact piece of code directly before your playlist player code:

Your Playlist player will now automatically appear on your page after your last right hand module. And as a result of this, you can also use the larger (default size) for the player rather than have to reduce the player's width to fit into the main content column.

If you have any problems doing this let me know, and I can do it for you so you can then go into your code and see what it looks like.

Sunday, October 5, 2008 at 4:50 PM - Response #10

Well I got the playlist back on but evidently I am not far enough down past the right hand modules to put it in the bottom right corner of our web page so I am hoping you will help me with this.

Sunday, October 5, 2008 at 7:42 PM - Response #11

The way you have the page set up currently, there isn't room to put the playlist down at the right. Do you not like where it is now? I would simply center it there, instead of right justify it.

Tuesday, October 7, 2008 at 12:39 AM - Response #12

Could the format in the lower middle(This day in history and the featured video) be moved to the right hand side and the playlist be moved to bottom center?

Tuesday, October 7, 2008 at 12:52 AM - Response #13

Sure it can.

1) Start by going into your home page edit area, and for the This Day In History Box, instead of selecting "show in content column" select to show it on the right instead.

2) Next, you have either of these options:

A) Click on Post Announcemenent, and choose to show your Announcements at the top of the page instead of the bottom. The result of doing this is your Playlist will now be at the bototm of the page.

B) If you want to keep your content ahead of your announcements, then cut and paste your Playlist code from your home page content into a new announcement instead. This too will result in the Playlist player being at the bottom of the page.

Give it a try on your own, and if you need any help just let me know.

Edited 10/07/08 12:58 AM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.