ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

customizable links

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 05/18/10 10:04 PM Views: 1458 Replies: 6
Tuesday, May 18, 2010 at 10:04 PM

On the customizable links can you use HTML on those pages.
Also do videos in avi format. Is this allowed?

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 at 10:06 PM - Response #1

Yes, you can use HTML. Any HTML you want to use, you need to type it in the SOURCE page (click the SOURCE button).

f you have the EMBED codes, just click on the SOURCE button before you paste the embed codes.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 at 10:24 PM - Response #2

Thanks Kyle

Wednesday, May 19, 2010 at 3:12 PM - Response #3

Kyle Erickson wrote:

Yes, you can use HTML. Any HTML you want to use, you need to type it in the SOURCE page (click the SOURCE button).

f you have the EMBED codes, just click on the SOURCE button before you paste the embed codes.

BTW Kyle we can also use mpeg and avi as well?

Wednesday, May 19, 2010 at 3:44 PM - Response #4

I am not sure about that. You can probably do a search in the forums for "mpeg" and see if anyone has posted. It should work if you have the EMBED codes to paste.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010 at 11:11 PM - Response #5

are the EMBED codes the link path i get when i insert a link? I want to show the link as (eg) the name of the file rather than the path. - i currently have 2 links and would like to rename on "venue info" and the other "registration form". both are pdf's

Thursday, May 20, 2010 at 11:15 AM - Response #6

There are multi parts to this answer.
1 - Yes you can do this. You can upload the video to the file vault and the link to the file.

2- How you display the video is the next question... if you want to link off to the file, you can simply create a link to the video which will open up in a media player on the user's machine. However, if you want to embed the video in the page, there will be additional embed codes that you will need.

3. Honestly, my best solution would be to upload the video file to youtube.com and then use their embed code to add the video to the site. This is probably the easiest solution.

See question 20 here for further info... http://www.classcreator.com/faqs.html#Building

Scott

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.