ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

My home page

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/29/13 11:18 AM Views: 767 Replies: 7
Monday, July 29, 2013 at 11:18 AM

My classmates allow me to control everything on the home page so no one lese makes entries to it.

I have added a contact phone number for our reunion chairman. When I make the change and view in another screen everything if find. His number is in (.......) just like I want. When I save and go back to home page it now shows his number with the SKYPE icon next to it.

Why and can I remove that icon?

JIM

Monday, July 29, 2013 at 11:32 AM - Response #1

It sounds like a Malware problem or something that Skype installed as a browser plug-in. You could try viewing in a different browser to see if both browsers have that problem. When I viewed your home page, I saw the phone number "xxx.xxx.xxxx" and I didn't see it changed to a link for Skype, so I bet that most of your classmates don't see it either.

Monday, July 29, 2013 at 11:37 AM - Response #2

Ok I will check with some of the classmates and see what they are showing!!!

Thanks for the help.

JIM

Monday, July 29, 2013 at 3:04 PM - Response #3

This will just show on your computer. Skype makes it easy to make phone calls this way. It is not malware. I get this on my computer because I use Google voice to call out on. The highlight just make it so I can click and the call will go though.

Just my opinion...

Monday, July 29, 2013 at 3:06 PM - Response #4

I'll confirm Ken's assessment. I believe it only happens though if you accept the plug in for your browser.

Monday, July 29, 2013 at 4:34 PM - Response #5

Does it mean that they have SKYPE on the other end.

Or can you just use your computer to make regular phone calls as well?

Very new to SKYPE. Just used for first time this past weekend...

JIM

Monday, July 29, 2013 at 4:37 PM - Response #6

Not it does not mean they have skype. It is just skype recognizing a contact number in your browser.

Monday, July 29, 2013 at 6:42 PM - Response #7

Thanks

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.