ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Help! My Snow won't Fall in Firefox

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 12/03/10 01:46 PM Views: 1650 Replies: 15
Friday, December 3, 2010 at 1:46 PM

I have an Announcement, (first one at top) called Falling Snow. It is working just fine in Internet Explorer 8. However, in Firefox you can see the snowflakes just holding as a fixed line at very top of screen and 'flashing' right to left. No nice fall to bottom of the screen.

When someone gets a chance, could you look at the script please, or let me know what needs changing if needed?

Friday, December 3, 2010 at 3:15 PM - Response #1

Try disabling the INSTANT MESSAGING and see if that solves the problem. Sometimes IM (which uses JavaScript) interferes with other JavaScript running on the page.

If the problem is fixed, you have two choices - disable Instant Messaging or live with snowflakes not falling in FireFox.

Friday, December 3, 2010 at 3:24 PM - Response #2

Kyle Erickson wrote:

Try disabling the INSTANT MESSAGING and see if that solves the problem. Sometimes IM (which uses JavaScript) interferes with other JavaScript running on the page.

If the problem is fixed, you have two choices - disable Instant Messaging or live with snowflakes not falling in FireFox.

That's what it was; snow fell fine in Firefox with Instant Messaging disabled.

I took choice number 3....lol. I stopped the snow storm. So I should look for something other than Java Script based???

Friday, December 3, 2010 at 3:37 PM - Response #3

http://forums.classcreator.com/messages....859-BE8DA6A81772E073

There is a Falling Leaves script on the above forum. I have modified it to work with INSTANT MESSAGING and FireFox. Just change the graphics to point to a snowflake (or snowflakes) you like and instead of falling leaves, you will have falling snow.

Friday, December 3, 2010 at 3:57 PM - Response #4

GREAT! Thanks Kyle

Friday, December 3, 2010 at 4:38 PM - Response #5

It is Snowing!!! Very Happy

Thanks again Kyle.

Friday, December 3, 2010 at 7:37 PM - Response #6

Glad I could help!!!

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 at 11:36 AM - Response #7

Not that we don't already have enough snow on the ground, but how do I get falling snow on my site? I think I know HOW to load it I just don't have the code.

Thanks,

Doug

Sunday, November 27, 2011 at 11:18 AM - Response #8

Looking for a "clean" (without problems) code for snowflakes. I like the ones falling on Vicky's site but was not able to find the coding. Her site is: http://www.classcreator.com/dearborn-hgts-mi-crestwood/

Of course, it may be that my brain and eyes are not working together due to lack of sleep. Confused

Sunday, November 27, 2011 at 6:33 PM - Response #9
Falling Snow Script.rtf

Gwen Corey wrote:

Looking for a "clean" (without problems) code for snowflakes. I like the ones falling on Vicky's site but was not able to find the coding. Her site is: http://www.classcreator.com/dearborn-hgts-mi-crestwood/

Of course, it may be that my brain and eyes are not working together due to lack of sleep. Confused

Hi Gwen,

Attached in Word Pad is the Falling Snow Code, and I am also attaching Snow.gif that needs loaded in to your Vault to run this. The code is really same as Falling Leaves, you just call snow.gif instead of leaves. You will need to edit the path to your vaault for the snow.gif in the 8th line below.