ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

change photo locations

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/19/12 02:39 AM Views: 1155 Replies: 5
Friday, October 19, 2012 at 2:39 AM

Apparently the option to "change photo locations" in the gallery creator doesn't work.

I opened "Gallery Creator," then clicked on "Photos" for the "1962 Reunion Committee" gallery, and from there on the button to change locations, where it states, "Select one or more photos in this gallery and move them into a different gallery." There is no way to select any photos on this page.

When I do click on the button, I see the "Sort Photos by Dran 'n Drop" button and the description, "Drag and drop photos to quickly rearrange order. Very handy if you need to rearrange a large group of photos."

But no where is a place to move these 8 to another gallery.

I need to do this tonight, so I will delete the gallery and upload the photos directly into the other one.

For future reference, though, I would like to know if this is a bug/glitch or what I need to do.

Thanks,

Bob

Friday, October 19, 2012 at 11:18 AM - Response #1

After you click the "Change Photo Locations" button, select from the dropdown the gallery to which you'd like to move the photos you select, then scroll down the page and check the box on the left marked "Change" for each photo you'd like to move. Then click Save Changes and the selected photos will be moved to the chosen gallery.

Saturday, October 20, 2012 at 2:04 PM - Response #2

Yikes! As my Dad used to say, "It it was a rattlesnake you would have been bitten."

Even after reading your instructions I didn't see the dropdown box, even though it was right in front of me.

I saw the "Search by Name/Email:" and the "Search" button, and then my eye's selective focus ended.

I guess I wasn't expecting to see the "To change the 'Uploaded By' attribute" after clicking on the "Change Photo Locations" button with the descriptive text, "Select one or more photos in this gallery and move them into a different gallery."

Thanks Smile

Bob

Sunday, February 15, 2015 at 10:43 PM - Response #3

The "Change Photo Location" button and "Change Photo Attributions" button go to the same page. Or am I over looking something here.

Monday, February 16, 2015 at 4:24 PM - Response #4

Once you are on that page, read carefully. There are options on where to send the images... asking you what gallery you want to move the images to. Then you need to click a check box for each image you are moving. Saving at the bottom of the page will complete the move.

Monday, February 16, 2015 at 5:22 PM - Response #5

Scott,
I'm not sure if you were answering my post or another but...

Logged in as admin, the two buttons I previously mentioned each go to: .../class_admin_gallery_form.cfm?gallery_id=14116&change_loc=y&whattodo=Photos&prev_count=2

Logged in as test member, the two buttons go to:
.../class_gallery_photos_form.cfm?gallery_id=14116&change_loc=y&prev_count=0

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.